• 111 •

// what is em even doing anymore //

💛

"are you sure you're okay?"

leo looked at phichit with worry in his eyes, but phichit just brushed it off whilst pulling the sleeves of his sweater over his hands.

"it's nothing," he muttered, hoping the hair in his eyes would hide the red rims around his eyes left by school bathroom tears. "just nerves."

"you're gonna do great," leo smiled, squeezing his arm, but phichit just shook his head and kept up his act.

"i'm acting in front of the entire school in like an hour, leo. allow me a little bit of sweet anxiety over here."

chris; i don't know

chris; just

chris; god just stop fucking with my heart please thanks

"give me a minute," phichit said, "i'll catch up with you. seriously, i'll be right there."

"just try to breathe, okay?" leo said, and carried in down the hall with one or two looks over his shoulder to give phichit a worried glance.

phichit wished he'd just kept on walking.

chris; you're just like that one person in shitty high school movies who goes round breaking everyones hearts which is FINE as long as you're happy

he sighed, and leant his forehead against the cool blue metal of a random locker door. the hall was quiet, except for the few casual onlookers, chewing gum and watching him verge on what would be his third panic attack of the month.

at least tell me i was i good kisser

"this is all such a fucking mess," he muttered out loud to himself, closing his eyes and wishing he could get party favour out of his head.

felt like listening to every billie eilish song at once

"you're telling me."

phichit raised his head to see a kid he'd never come across in his life leaning against the lockers, tutting as if he were a parent telling off a child with their hand in the cookie jar.

"i'm sorry, what?"

"you said this is a fucking mess, and i responded with you're telling me, like as in i know it's a fucking mess - "

"yes, yes, i got that," phichit sighed, irritated and confused as he rubbed his eyes.

"ah, i guess if this were a movie or some shitty wattpad fanfiction you'd be everyone's problematic fave," the kid continued, and phichit shook his head as if to wake himself up.

"i just...i mean...who exactly - who the fuck are you again?"

"i am blinded by such manners, i must say."

the kid picked himself up off of the lockers, and smiled floppily.

"hi. i'm steve."

"hello," phichit said with a tired, sarcastic wave, and then slammed himself back against the lockers, debating whether to sink to the floor and hug his knees.

that wouldn't change anything, though.

"you're still here," phichit said after a moment, giving steve a glare.