Chapter 4: date (part 2)

Shadow was waiting outside Maria's room as they were gonna go on their date. Maria then stepped out wearing a knee high red dress and knee high boots.

Shadow's POV: I blushed just by looking at her, "You ready to go?" she asked, I snapped out of my trance and nodded. I got my motorcycle and handed Maria a helmet, and we drove off. As we were on our way there, I remembered when I first met Maria on the ark.

Flashback

Maria's POV: I was sitting down in my room, still feeling lonely when my Grandfather came in. "Maria," he spoke to me as I turned to him. "I know you've been feeling lonely, so I've made a friend for you." then a small figure stepped aside from him, "I'd like you to meet Shadow, Shadow the hedgehog." I was surprised to see Shadow, not only because he was a hedgehog but that he was my first friend on the Ark.

Present

Normal POV: Shadow and Maria had finally arrived at the Mobius Fair and They both entered happily.

Shadow's POV: We went on amazing rides and spectacular events. Maria was enjoying the the fair ever so greatly. And so was I, because if Maria's happy, then I'm happy. As we ate, we then saw a pink hedgehog. We thought it was Amy until she came closer and we realized it wasn't her.

 We thought it was Amy until she came closer and we realized it wasn't her

"Hey, are you Shadow and Maria?" she asked, we nodded. "I'm Jessica Heartstone, Source's childhood best friend." "Oh, So you're the one Source kept talking about." Maria said as Jessica started to blush a bit. "He said how amazing of a fighter you are and how gracefully you are." Jessica's cheeks were now a dark crimson red. "Well anyways," she said as she then turned to me, "Source wanted me to tell you two to see him after you're done. He has something to tell you two." She then ran off, like Sonic again. 'I wonder how others hedgehogs can go as fast as Sonic now?' I thought. Me and Maria continued on with our date and we had a ton of fun. As we were returning home, I took a different road to somewhere. "Where are we going Shadow?" Maria asked, I didn't respond and kept on driving. I then stopped my motorcycle near a big open flower field with neon glowing flowers, Maria was amazed. "I found this place when I was defeating my other imposters Infinite created." I explained as we walked into the field. I then picked up a green neon flower and put it in Maria's quills, she blushed slightly as I did so. We stayed there for I guess around 10 minutes, gazing up into the stars. I then kissed her cheek and smiled. "You'll always make me happy, even if we're apart." I said to her, she blushed and smiled back. We kissed each other passionately and we both enjoyed it.

Source's POV: *Flashback* I was running my way back to the base when I tripped over something in the dirt. I stood back up and dusted myself off, looking at the strange object in the dirt. It was a magenta glowing rock that looked familiar. "No way, it can't be." I whispered as I dug out the object. It was the Phantom Ruby, the same one Infinite used to try and defeat us. I was shocked as I picked it up, seeing the hallucination it displayed. I knew this was fake and it faded away. *Present* I was looking over the sea, hoping one of the first fighters would come soon, they did. "I'm glad you could come," I said, turning around to a red wolf with glasses, headset, gloves and boots. "...Gadget." 

"If it has to include with the phantom ruby, then I'm a part of it too

"If it has to include with the phantom ruby, then I'm a part of it too." he said, readying his fire wispon.