𝐢. 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬

act i

pg. i

𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

' 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭,𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 '

𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 '

BRONX, '77

           THE POWER OF Mylene Cruz's beautiful voice rang through-out the Cruz's large family church as June opened the large doors and slipped inside, seemingly unnoticed by both mylene & one of her closest male companions ezekiel. it was early in the morning, almost too early for mylene's singing, but from what june understood it was for a reasonable cause.

"— but be that as it may, every night I pray .. for brighter stars and golden days , and to be taken far away.. be that as it may.." june smiled , nothing less than impressed by the sound of mylene's singing.

    even though the two girls were never really close, even a fool could see that she was going places with that voice. june grinned as she stood behind ezekiel watching his fingers as he effortlessly played the piano like his mother taught him long ago.

"i will not forget the love you gave.. " mylene sang softly into the microphone, gazing over at ezekiel, who grinned back in return. june looked anywhere but at the two, not wanting to feel awkward or interrupt the moment.

when the song was finally concluded, all three of the teens sat in silence before june  began clapping , almost startling ezekiel.

"that was amazing." june notes , clutching her binder & journal to her chest. ezekiel gazed up at her for a split second, wondering when she'd even arrived, before turning his attention back over to mylene.

"really? you guys think that was the one?" mylene inquired nervously. june only nods her head while ezekiel was somewhat speechless.

"mylene, that was .." he took a dramatic pause, getting up and taking the tape they'd been recording the song on, out the cassette player.

"what?" she anxiously urged, preparing herself for criticism. june stood silently, curious as to what would come out his mouth too.

probably something sweet.

     — june thought. she knew he had a thing for mylene , and sometimes he'd get to talking all sweet. it was cute to her, corny, but sweet. all she ever attracted was thugs who could care less about a females feelings; so to june, mylene was lucky.