𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐲

act i

pg. xii

𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐘

' 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 '

' 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 '

________________

          IT WAS THE DAY, ed koch would be giving his campaign speech for all of the youth of the bronx to hear. he'd been running for mayor for months now, and since ezekiel is interning for mr.gunns, he got to give a speech himself. not only that, but the get down brothers had a battle that day.
             june found herself able to sing with mylene, yolanda & regina , like she promised. it was only the national anthem, but it was the thought that counted.

             she viewed the dress ,she was told to wear, on her body in her vanity mirror. june tried her hardest to look extra presentable, her thick curls reaching past her shoulders in a half up half down style. her golden chain shimmering in the light with every twist and turn she'd make.

          the folded paper she had been debating on shipping away sat on the dresser in front of her , almost as if it were begging her to finish it. june sighed heavily, unfolding the letter she'd written for her mother. she'd been procrastinating for so long, out of fear, but now that she had the time — she decided right at that second, it was time for her to flick this chip off her shoulder.

           june quickly found a pen, reading lowly to herself where she left off. she had so much to say, so much to ask.

     i'm not going to pretend anymore.
mama, the more i try to get you out my mind, the more you get deeper inside. i don't hate you, i never will. i just act like i do because it's easier than admitting that i miss you.

even at this point , i don't know what i'm more afraid of ; to see you again, or never seeing you again.

           june bit her lip, her stomach beginning to do that turning thing it'd do whenever she got nervous as she quickly scribbled away.

      either you come close, or just stay away. this in between thing is confusing for all of us.