𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬

act i

pg. iii

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒

' 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐭 '

_____________________

                 THE BRIGHT RAYS OF THE SUN beamed down on the entire south bronx, heating everything in its path. kids played in the streets , jumping rope & running around broken fire hydrants , finding just about anything to keep them entertained & cool. venders selling shaved ice for a nickel. teens running ramped, feeling as if they're on top of the world. it was summer to the young ones, it was the summer for to wind ones.

         june was sleeping more peacefully than ever in her bed. her head wrapped so tightly under her blanket it was a miracle she could even breathe. she was in a deep slumber, dreaming away her deep subconscious, until the sound of birds chirping loudly sounded from outside her window.
           she groaned lighlty, slowly pulling the cover from over her head, only to immediately go back under once the sun shined into her eyes. almost immediately. she feels the painful consequence of all her drinking last night.

     with a raging headache, june sat up and looked around — confused as to how and when she even made it home. before she could even get out of bed good, she heard her door knob twist open.
          a small head peaked through. "auntie said come here." maya pushed her glasses from the brim of her nose. june stared at her, not saying a word. she was still trying to piece everything together.

"hello!" maya shouts, snapping as well. june quickly puts her hand on her head, hoping to subside the headache.

"dammit maya! just tell her I'll be in there after i take a shower."

       maya stares at june, trying to analyze her. best believe if something didn't seem right, maya lewis would do all she could to investigate, especially if it wasn't her business — nine times out of ten , it never was.

"what?" june bucks, realizing the girl was staring. she drags herself to her vanity, rummaging through the drawers for something to wear.

"i don't know, but when I find out , you'll be in trouble." maya grew a mischievous grin. june narrowed her eyes, wondering how to feel about her semi threat. without further hesitation, she went to her door , pushed maya by the head & closed her out of the room.