Chapter 5

Sorry! I know it has been too long. I have had terrible writers block and I have been so busy adulting and all.

Louis-

"So, Franny. Come here often?" I practiced, looking in the mirror. "No, that's stupid." I smacked my forehead.

"Hey, if you were a triangle, you'd be acute one." I groaned. I'm awful. Why would she say yes?

"I liked that one, Dad. It was so....you." A laugh came from behind.

I turn to see Wilbur standing behind me. "Oh, don't tell me. Let me guess. My awful pick-up line caused the future to go up in flames."

Wilbur laughs loudly at me. "No. I was just coming to thank you. You fixed the future and now my life is back on course."

"You mean our life." I correct him.

"Seriously, though. You should use that pick-up line." Wilbur leaned against my desk. I stare at him trying to decipher whether he is joking or not.

"No." I bluntly say, standing up. I walk to my closet and pull out a nice blue button up shirt and white tie with dress pants. Changing in the bathroom, I hurry just to be sure I am not late. I grab my blazer and throw it over top.

"No, Dad." Wilbur shakes his head at my blazer. I frown looking down at it.

"What is wrong with it?" I ask him, still staring at my clothes.

"You need to look extremely nice for mom. She is a woman. And a classy one. And you better treat her right. Got that? Because I won't let anything happen to my mom. She's an amazing and remarkable mom and you better not mess things up with her. Not just for my sake, but because she deserves the best." Wilbur rambles with fierce hand movements and wide eyes. He looks like a crazy person. My son is a crazy person. But he is right. I stare at him in awe of what he said about Franny.

"You're a good son, Wilbur. I'll change the blazer." I change the blazer for a vest. It's more my style anyway. "And Wilbur, I know how lucky I am. I won't screw this up."

"You better not." Wilbur teases. "Now let's go, Louis. You do not want to be late. Mom will kill you."

I walk down the street toward her house. I feel more nervous with each step I take.

"If there was no gravity on this planet, I would still fall for you." I try. No. I'm screwed. I am going to muff this up.

With each knock of the door my heart thumps loudly.

Knock. Thump.

Knock. Thump.

Knock. Thump.

The door opens and I feel my jaw physically drop. Franny looks gorgeous. She is wearing a black dress that comes to her knees.

"Your angles must be less than 90 degrees, because I think that you are so acute." I blurted. Instantly I feel my face heat up with embarrassment.

"Thank you." She blushed, stepping out the door and closing it behind her.

"So, are you ready to go?" I ask. She nods.

Time for our first date.

No Franny's Pov. Sorry!!