Chapter Ten

The next day, Tamilore felt greatly irritated. She was sick of all the happenings and desperately needed someone to transfer all her aggression to, and the unfortunate person was her sister-in-law, aunty Ariyo.

Early in the morning, she rose up from her bed. It wasn't like she could sleep anyway, it was wasn't even seven o'clock yet and she had been awake for close to ninety minutes. She wanted to go to the living room, but as she passed by the doors, she saw her sister-in-law's and stopped.

She didn't even know what gave her the bravery or what pushed her. She opened the door sharply, finding herself being surprised by how loud it was. By the time she entered the room and faced aunty Ariyo, she was at a loss for words.

Aunty Ariyo had been sleeping, her body facing the other side. She turned, her face masked with such contempt, that Tamilore almost cowered.

"What is it?" She growled.

"I...I just came to check on you," Tamilore said, stuttering a little. She hated that she felt slightly intimidated.

"Check on me for what?" Aunty Ariyo hissed.

"Just to..."

"Woh, fimile." She hissed again, then grumbled, "Came to check on me. They locked me in this house for weeks, my shop has not been open for weeks, I've been in this stuffy house yet I can't find peace."

Tamilore didn't say anything, she just gave a straight face, although inside her she was getting angry.

Aunty Ariyo continued to grumble, "What's my own? Ehn? What will I use my brother's son to do? Instead of them to go and investigate their family that they brought here." Then she let out a long hiss.

Tamilore couldn't take it anymore. "Mama?"

Aunty Ariyo was clearly surprised that her brother's wife called her that. The tone she used made aunty Ariyo know that she was being disrespectful.

I have te, was all that was going on in her mind.

She stayed silent.

"What did you just say Mama?"

Tamilore's tone was so rude, that aunty Ariyo forgot her intention to keep her calm and not disrespect herself. "Who is Mama? Do I look like an old woman to you? Come on, get out of my room you rude woman."

"Hehehe." Tamilore clapped her hands. "I've always known."

"Known what?"

"That you're a witch. That's why you've been so relaxed at everything that is going on in this house!"

"Me, witch?" Aunty Ariyo's mouth fell open. "Your mother is an witch!" She stood up.

"My mother?! You have te today. You have te." She was raising her voice now. "You can insult me, but never in your life make mention of my mother! You old hag!"

Aunty Ariyo knew that she had gotten under Tamilore's skin and she loved it. She wore a smug smile, "Or what? You're going to kidnap me like you kidnapped your own child?"

Tamilore started trembling. Tears were falling out of her eyes. "No...no...you did not go there...you did not..."

Aunty Ariyo let out a hiss. "Shior. When you're ready, you'll leave my son's room. And his house." She stood up and went into the bathroom, locked the door.

Tamilore rushed to it. "You old hag! Wicked witch! Black witch! Release my son! Release him!" She was interrupted by someone barging into the room.

It was Modupe. She advanced towards her, pulling her away from the bathroom door.

"What happened?" She kept asking her sister as she took her to the living room gently.