☆9☆

"And remember everyone, the winter dance is this Friday!" the principal chirped over the P.A. system. The system clicked off and the bell rang shortly after. Ryan gathered his things and headed out of science and to his locker to get his backpack and leave. When he put his stuff away, he heard a voice next to him that wasn't normally there.

"Ryan, I need your help." This sent shivers down his spine. It was Frank.

He slowly turned his head towards the older boy and mumbled, "What is it?"

"Um, I need help in asking..." the last part was mumbled and spoken really fast.

"Asking what?" Ryan questioned, raising a curious eyebrow.

"Gee to the dance," he responded a little clearer this time.

"What?!" he exclaimed. "Two months ago you said you wanted to beat the gay out of me!" He lowered his voice to a hushed tone so the people around wouldn't hear him.

"I know, I know, but what you said clicked in my mind or something like that. I just need your help, and I can tell that he likes me," he babbled on.

"Well, what do you have in mind? I'm not the best at love, you know," Ryan deadpanned. There was a pause when Ryan was slipping two of his folders in his bag. "Maybe quote something romantic or something that you both like on a poster and ask him that way, I don't know."

"You know, that's not a totally bad idea. Thanks, Ryan." Frank walks away and leaves Ryan who finished putting his things away and shut his locker.

"Hey, Ry, you okay? I saw Frank talking to you," he heard Brendon say behind him. Ryan turned around, smiling to himself at the nickname. Brendon seems to use that more now than his actual name, and Ryan is perfectly fine with it.

"Yeah, I'm fine, he just needed help with something," Ryan replied, giving Brendon and Sarah, who was holding his hand, a reassuring smile.

"You still don't know why he beat the crap out of you?" Sarah asked.

"Nope," he lied. He was still only out to Spencer, and you could say Frank and his gang knew if that counted at all. "Well, let's go," Ryan suggested as Spencer came up to them.

As they were walking, Spencer stated, "Ryan, I have a question." Ryan looked at his friend and raised an eyebrow. Spencer stopped in his tracks, causing them all to stop and look at Spencer, who is now kneeling in front of the oldest boy. He pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolded it, showing it to Ryan. He looked Ryan in the eyes, with a serious face, as he read what was on the paper. "Will you, George Ryan Ross the Third, platonically Bop your Bussy with me at the dance?"

Ryan burst out laughing, answering with, "Yes, oh my God."

Spencer stood up and tucked the paper back into his pocket while brushing off his knee. "Good, because that would have been really weird if you said no." Ryan just laughed and shook his head.

"You are so weird."

"But you love me," Spencer smirked.

"Yeah, sure I do," Ryan rolled his eyes.

"So, are you guys going to the dance?" Spencer asked Brendon and Sarah.

"Yep! It was so cute they way Brendon asked me. He came up to me with a small bouquet of roses yesterday," Sarah gushed. She kissed Brendon's forehead with a smile and reached and grabbed his hand, intertwining her fingers with his.

A wave of jealousy devoured Ryan, leaving his insides to twist and turn, and his face to heat up. That could be him. But it's not. Frank's words replayed in his head, Sarah and Brendon aren't going to last that long.

---

A/N: I've got some stuff planned yee

I noticed that I made an error, saying previously that Ryan and Brendon's favorite band was MCR, then added those characters in. If you go back to chapter two, I did change it.

I have a book of Phan oneshots now! I do not ship them, but I wrote it because Ryden is taking over my life. (It's also my first attempt at smut, yikes.)

Song Suggestions:

Fake You Out ● Twenty One Pilots

Young Volcanoes ● Fall Out Boy