03

she was the one he helped to

"Lee Minho, I hope you are fucking safe or I will kill you!" The young girl was shouting to her phone, on the other side of the phone was a boy who was panicking by now. His hands shaking as he talked to the phone. "I.. I can't Y/N. I just can't fucking go like this. What am I going to do?" 

Minho breathed out, he felt his whole body shaking as he looked at the floor of his dark room. In most of the times was Minho the calmest person you have ever seen. He was.. doing his best to calm down others... He wasn't the one, who broke down... 

And this was why he hated the state in which he was so much. "Do you want me to come? Shall I come?" voice of the girl was trembling, she was obviously scared. How could she not? 

Minho was still her best friend, no matter what.. ignoring the fact they barely spoke in the last month.. he still called her and it means more than just a cheap call to her. "Minho. Please, talk to me, do you want me to come?" she pleaded, Minho sitting on the other side of the phone not moving at all. 

He wanted her to come. To hold her in his hands. To show her much she means to him. To shower her with love. To let her know he loves her. How sorry he feels for breaking her heart. He wanted her. 

But, he knew... it was too stupid. Too stupid to be this selfish and want her love at this time. When he had a chance, he let it slip between his fingertips. And then he lost his chance. 

The raindrops were falling on the window, echoing in the room. He heard a shaky breath on the phone - holding it tighter than before. 

"No," he responded, his voice sounded calmer than before.. but it scared him. It was not the voice he knew. It was like somebody else spoke instead of him, his voice was without any emotion. And it hurt him. 

As soon as this simple No escaped his lips, to hearts broke at the same time. Pieces falling deep down into a dark hole in the ground. "I will be fine, Y/N. Don't come. Please," he repeated himself. 

"M-Minho... I.." the girl became quiet, he heard some noise in the background. Was it him? Was he with her? Was Minho interrupting her from a date? "I won't come. But promise me. Promis, you will stay safe." 

"I will." But while he spoke those words, his heart was screaming. Pleading for her to come. He wished nothing more, just to have her. To love her. 

But he pressed the red button before the girl spoke again. Her words getting lost in the wind, not coming to Minho's ears. 

The boy looked in front of himself at the while wall, his head leaning back and hitting the hard substance behind him. 

His eyes were fixed on the wall, his fingers still trembling as his phone fell on the ground. And it began to ring.

One time. 

Minho stood up and walked to the bathroom. He looked at his face in the mirror. It looked so unappealing. He could not even recognize it was him anymore.

Two times. 

He turned on the water, just staring at it before he washed his face and then he walked to the kitchen. 

Three times. 

His eyes falling on a knife that was just placed on the table.  

One press of a button and the phone became silent

Minho's heart ached so much.