Hand in Hand ; part one - request

A request that I thoroughly enjoyed completing.

Also, please don't read if you're sensitive to topics such as abuse or depression. This will be talking about PTSD and will go into detail about some events. Also, I like to strain my stories and what I work on, so I do this in parts. Usually if it's in 3-5 parts, one is primarily angst, then fluff, smut, etc. I like to prioritize things :)

          The only one I've ever trusted. His hand pressed against my ribs as I leaned against the counter, helpless. I couldn't exactly see what he was doing, my eyes were clouded with salty tears. I took another blow to my face before he let go.

          "St-Stop-.." Was all I could get out of my body before a boot came into contact with my chest. Steel-toed. I heard something, something that wasn't normal. I felt something, pain, that wasn't normal.

          He chuckled heartily before he spat on my face. "Pack your shit, I don't want to see you around my house anymore," Was the last thing he ever said to me.

          I couldn't get up. Hell, I couldn't even manage to breathe. He packed a punch for being such a small man.

          I felt light-headed as I heard the front door slam. Laying on the cold, cold tile, I couldn't feel anything but shock going through my body. I didn't feel any connection with any limb.

          "Keith? Keith, hey.." A voice so familiar breaks me from my trance. "Why are you so tense? You kind of blanked out and stopped moving. We need you for training, Allura's got a mission for us soon, yeah?" Lance smiled at me charmingly. I never really liked him on the outside. I don't mean outside as his looks, as he is one hell of a beast, but I mean how immaturely he flaunts his personality. He's really sweet when you get close to him.

          I shakily reach up, putting my hand on my jaw to try and pop it. I pull on it a bit before suddenly I can breathe through my mouth. I let out a sigh of relief, Lance looking at me oddly. I shook it off, however, deciding to not say anything without a question.

          "Keith, are you okay..?" Lance asked. "Uh.. yeah.. Fine.." I lied, shrugging slightly. "But-" "Hey, can you go tell Allura I need to rest today? I took a real.. Yesterday was tough." I almost said the word.

          "Do you need to me stay with? I'm sure the team could do without me--" "I don't need you, Lance!" I needed him; I needed him to hug me tight and tell me everything was alright. I push everyone away. Even.. Shiro.

          "Keith.." He put his hand gently on my shoulder. "I'm right here, and nothing will change that.. Do you need me tonight?" He questions, stressing that I let him stay with me. Finally, I nod, having no energy to argue after remembering that event.

           Lance rushed to tell Allura and Coran that I needed to stay back, and that I needed the Cuban to stay with me. they believed him, as he was telling the truth, and allowed us to miss this small mission.

          It was just me and him in my room. My head was in my hands as I sit cross-legged on my bed. I tried to contain my deep breaths. I tried to control something I couldn't change.

          "Keith." I jumped slightly before looking up, slowly, to make eye contact with him. "You're so on edge, so something has got to be wrong. What happened? I'm.. worried.." Lance's voice got quieter, but I still understood every word.

          "Since when were you.. were you.. ever worried.. about me?" I started to hyperventilate, slightly. I left my medicine back at the Garrison, who knows who has a hold of it now.

          "Ever since you tried to rival me back at the Garrison. I admired your determination to be better than all of the class, and I grew pretty attached to you since then.." Lance looked down before back at me. "What's got you so.. unhappy? I know you rarely smile an all cause you're emu or something, but you seem so scared and tense."

          My entire body locked up. My face felt numb, while everything else felt hot. I felt pressure in my chest, almost a magnetic feeling.

          All I could manage to do was shake my head in this cold, cold room.