9

• Maddi POV •

I woke up to snoring and when I looked up I saw Matthew laying with a pillow covering his face. I laughed at him.

"He normally doesn't snore this loud." he groaned once he saw me watching them. "That's why I made him sleep in the other room the other night."

I laughed again. "We have a magcon event today. Is it okay if Mason goes? You can come too." he suggested. I shrugged, "I guess."

We heard a really loud snore. I jumped and Matthew laughed. "Let's pour water on him." Matthew suggested. I laughed, "I don't know. I'd be pretty upset if I woke up to water being thrown on me." I said. He shrugged, "Come on. You'd be upset at anything. Besides, he should be used to it. We pull pranks on each other all the time." he said.

"How about you do it and I just sit here and pretend like nothing ever happened?" I suggested. He shrugged and handed me his phone.

"What do you want me to do with this?" I asked. He laughed, "record it." he said. I nodded and pushed a button.

He walked over to the sink and filled up one of the pots and walked over to Carter. He mouthed one, two, three. Then he dumped it over Carter. I started laughing.

His eyes shot open and he jumped up really fast, he fell off the bed. "Matthew!" he yelled. I stopped recording and he just sat up looking really aggravated. "What's so funny?" Mason asked sitting up. I guess Matthew and I were laughing a bit too hard. I had my stomach clutched because it hurt from my laughing and I couldn't even see Matthew. I could just hear him laughing.

"Oh." Mason said looking at Carter, he chuckled. Matthew stopped laughing and got up while Carter just sat there staring at me. They all stared at me as I kept laughing. "I didn't even know you could laugh." Mason mumbled. I couldn't stop laughing it was so funny.

Someone came in the room and I was laughing too hard to see or hear. "Ow. It hurts." I said laughing. "Why are you laughing so hard?" I recognized the voice as Mrs. Espinosa.

I couldn't stop and I started coughing and I felt someone patting my back. "What the heck is that?" Hayes said waking up.

I couldn't breathe, but I kept replaying how he reacted. He fell so hard. "It wasn't that funny." Mason said. "No wait. I like her laugh." Matthew chuckled. I laid back on the bed and tried to stop. "Sweetie, you're going to get cotton mouth." Mrs. Espinosa said. "What happened?" a voice I don't think I've heard before.

"Matthew-" I started, but I kept laughing. "I'd rather have her laugh than feel misplaced." Matthew said. I stopped laughing and I saw another woman. She was so pretty and her smile was so wide.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking down. I got up and stretched. "This is Nila." Mrs. Espinosa said to Mason and me. I smiled and she held her hand out, but pulled me into a hug.

"I'm Maddi." I said smiling. Mason introduced himself and then they left. "So that was quite some cackle you had." Matthew said laughing. I rolled my eyes and laughed too.

***

This magcon event went so much better than the last one. I actually had a great time, I guess that happens when you think positive.

I saw Jacob walking over to me.

"Let's sneak out." he smirked grabbing my hand. I intertwined fingers with him and we ran out.

He stopped running and pulled me into an empty hall. "You look extra happy and pretty today." he said. I felt the tips of my ears heating up so I covered them. It's not really all that cute to have ears that blush.

"I never really got that kiss the other day. We were interrupted." he reminded me.

I smiled fauxly and he put his hands on my waist and rested his forehead on mine.

I smelled his breath as it hit my face. It didn't smell bad, it smelt like a guy who was desperate to get a kiss so he sprayed his mouth with spray.

He waited a while until he pecked my lips, great... I didn't want to be kissing anyone right now, especially a guy I know would be quite some time before I see again.

"Can I kiss you? An actual kiss?" he asked. I pouted, I didn't want to ruin things with him because he was really the only person here I liked and kind of the only one that liked me.

He took my pout as a yes and kissed me. I just let it happen.

He moaned in my mouth and his hands roamed my body leaving my hips. He tugged at my shirt and I pulled back. "No." I said pushing him back. I started walking away and he followed closely behind. "I thought it was okay." he said panting behind me.

I shook my head and kept going. It reminded me of that time I had first got separated from Mason.

"Maddi!" Mrs. McCuller called. I got up out of the bed I slept in and went to where she was. "I'm going to the store and I'll be back in like an hour or so." she said once she saw me. I nodded and went back.

After I heard her car drive down the driveway the door opened. "Hey." It was their son. He was I think sixteen at the time. "Hi." I said softly. He sat next to me and smiled a way that made me feel not safe.

"I don't think you're supposed to be in here." I said, "We're fine," he spoke and put his hand on my leg, "they would not have left me here to watch you if it weren't."

"I want to play a game." He said, he raised his hand, I did flinch. I thought he was going to hit me... He, instead, ran his hand very slowly down my cheek.

"You're really pretty, you know." He told me. I shrugged and scooted away from him, "My parents thought the same." I said. He scooted closer to me than he was before, our hips were touching. He kissed my cheek, then tried to move to my lips, but I quickly stood.

"Your mom and dad wouldn't be okay with this." I said. I walked out the room and went to a bathroom. I locked the door and waited for Mrs. McCuller to get back.

I turned around and he sighed in relief. "are you mad at me?" he asked. I shook my head and kissed him. I felt him smile against my lips.

***

I pushed my back against the door to the hotel room and sighed. "So guess what I heard." Matthew smirked when he saw me. I shrugged, "what did you hear?" I asked. He smiled and stood up.

"Our fandom likes you and apparently they saw you run off with Jacob." He stated. I smiled fauxly. "It was nothing." I shrugged. "Mhmm." he said. "Where's Mason?" I panicked once I realized Matthew and I were the only ones in the room.

"Bathroom taking a shower. Don't murder me." he defended. I chuckled in relief and laid my body out on one of the beds.