30•

• Maddi POV •

We were sitting at the table doing arts and craft. Mommy daughter bonding time that I craved for years, the arts and crafts wasn't exactly fun, but I've craved it.

"Last day in magcon!" Carter shouted bursting in his and Matthew's mom's room. Grace jumped really hard causing me to laugh, "Cartah don't do dat!" she fussed causing me to laugh even harder.

Carter was laughing too which made him look even more asian than he was and he held his left hand on the counter to keep himself propped up while his right hand was holding his chest as he laughed. The moms stared between us before groaning.

I couldn't stop laughing and neither could he. "You always do that." his mom said. I started coughing and they got quiet, even Carter.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded and tried to stop, "Is this where you run off to whenever you aren't at the hotel?" I asked him. He shrugged and nodded, "Yeah, but now I actually have a reason." he said. "We have to go because it's starting soon." he added.

"Bye, guys." I said waving as I walked out.

"My mom is going to kill me." he told me.

That made me think of my mom- he said mom- I had a mom- he said kill- she was killed by a fire.

"Hopefully." I joked. He frowned as we walked back to the auditorium part of the hotel.

"Caddi, I like it." Sadie said as we approached them.

I didn't know what to say, if I'm honest, that kiss we had felt special, more than Jacob's and anything Jacob did, Carter did better. Except singing, I've heard him sing...

But when it came to me, if Jacob's hand touched mine, I'd still feel butterflies, but when Carter does it my stomach feels like it explodes. I shouldn't feel that way either because Jacob's my boyfriend and not Carter.

I didn't even think Carter was into me. "Let's go." I changed the subject.

We all walked over to the table. Grace and Laura stayed at the hotel to clean up and pack everyone's things. I offered to help, but she said to just go.

"Jacob is coming this way." Carter mumbled. I looked up and saw him, he had a smug look on his face and he glared at Carter and Carter gladly glared back.

"I need to talk to Maddi." Jacob said. "I don't care." Carter mocked him. I really don't understand why they don't like each other.

"Well she's just your friend and never will be anything more, she's my girlfriend and I need to talk to her." he snapped. Carter looked so mad, I'd say the same for Jacob, but he was just glaring. I really didn't want them to argue because Jacob could say something really evil and Carter would be like 'who was the one kissing her last night' or just bring up the kiss to make him mad.

"I'll leave if she tells me I have to." Carter said shrugging. "Tell him to leave now." Jacob demanded. "Jacob, I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk that way to my friend," I snapped, "and definitely not me. I'm not your pet so don't instruct me to anything."

Carter started laughing, "and he's still my boyfriend so I'd appreciate it if the both of you would just shut up. Jacob, if you want to talk to me say it in front of Carter." I said.

They both looked shocked, "I'll just go so you can have your privacy." Carter said. "You don't have to." I told him. He shrugged, "I'll see you more back in Virginia." Carter said. I could see his smirk, he tried to hide it though. He kissed my cheek and walked away.

I turned back to Jacob, but he wasn't there. I saw him walking and I chased after him.

I grabbed his arm and pushed him against the wall so he couldn't move. I had his hands in mine pushed against the wall either side of his head.

"Now you want to talk to me?" he spat. I nodded and smiled like what just happened didn't. "Are you mad? Because I should be the mad one. You bailed on me last night." I said.

And he should be angry with me too because I was kissing someone else and I was enjoying it. "I'm not mad." he said, "and I didn't ditch you. I was there for ten minutes and you never came so I left." he told me.

"I had to sneak out, you didn't." I reminded him. "I think you could've waited a little longer. Stop being so spoiled." I snapped.

"Sorry." he mumbled. I kissed his cheek and laughed. "I'm not mad at you." I said. "Also because I did something you're probably going to be so mad at me for." I mumbled.

"What?" he asked. "I kissed Carter, well technically he kissed me and I kissed back, but it was only because if you would have showed up then I would've been with you and-"

"So you cheated on me?" he asked. "No, I don't know kind of, but it didn't mean anything and I didn't feel any kind of way at all. I like you and not Carter." I lied.

"Why should I believe that?" he spat. "because I told you. If I liked him I wouldn't have." I lied again.

I wanted him to break up with me, but I just kept lying continuously.

"So you like me and only me?" he asked. I nodded, "then I forgive you." he said.

I huffed, I am such a terrible person for that.

He grabbed my waist and pushed me into the wall before kissing me roughly.

"Let's go do something." he said pulling away. He grabbed my hand and I felt guilty, guilty for kissing Carter and turning around to kiss Jacob.

I didn't know what I was doing, I just felt wrong about everything. I basically only knew Jacob for two weeks.

***

We had just arrived back in Virginia and Carter wasn't talking to me. Sadie said he didn't feel good and I felt like I was the one who made him sick, mentally and physically.

We went up to my temporary room and just had a girls night. I told her everything, from the beginning to ending. I told her how my parents died, how I kissed Jacob, how I kissed Carter and then the whole Sawyer thing. She didn't know what to say besides sorry and how she felt really bad.

I didn't want anyone's pity I just had to get that off my chest.