Chapter 1

It's simple. It's because he heard of Axl's breakup. It's because he still loved him. It was quite simple though he knows Axl doesn't love him the same. At least it was quite simple in his own mind. Love should be simple.

Izzy rang the doorbell to the gigantic mansion which appeared larger due to the bright white paint reflecting the strong sunlight. He didn't have any idea how someone could live here alone or with just a few people. It seemed to not be comfortable or simple at all. How long would it take someone to go from the living room to the bedroom? Izzy preferred things to be simple, but Mr. W. Axl Rose preferred things to be exactly like this. Izzy didn't know any other guy who did these kinds of senseless things. He might admit he could find a lot of people here in Hollywood like this, but not around himself. Anyway, now he stood and waited for Axl.

It took about five minutes. When Izzy saw the door arcing open he tried to force a smile for Axl, who he was expecting to open it, but it wasn't him, it was Beta. Her warm greeting turned diffident as she saw him and blocked the doorway.

"I don't know if he wants to see you."

"Does he know it's me?"

"Not yet."

Izzy left Guns N' Roses before Beta began to help Axl so they didn't know each other well, but they still knew of each other. Izzy was Axl's best friend, a fact known throughout the entire world though they didn't speak much anymore. Beta was kind of famous in Hollywood in some ways- she was known for being able to control Axl's temper.

Izzy shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe we can try. Where is he?"

Beta was kind enough to tell him that Axl was playing the piano in bad mood. He didn't want to see anyone and if he yelled at his former guitarist, it didn't mean anything.

"I see. Thanks. I know how he is."

"Of course you do." Beta smiled and let Izzy into the house to lead him to the piano room. "Personally, I appreciate your visit. Our boy has got it in his head that to be alone the rest of his life. Nobody in this world wants to be with him and he will die alone. He almost believes it."

Izzy raised an eyebrow in inquiry. "You mean nobody will be in love with him or...?"

"I mean everyone. This includes you. Girls, friends, family... everyone around him hates him. That's what he believes."

"That's bullshit."

"Yes."

The whole idea was just shit, however, Izzy could easily see how his friend got sucked into believing he was totally isolated. It had already happened once. Axl had to overcome this miserable fear after his divorce. He had clung to Izzy in tears, sobbing in his arms with the words, "Say you're not gonna leave me," on his lips. At the time Axl had a friend he could trust, but now it was worse. He didn't trust anyone.

Izzy and Beta's long journey to the piano room gave Izzy plenty of time to sympathize with his dearest one who was now in deep sorrow. He also couldn't stop thinking about Axl's complicated life.

'I just wanna see the guy, didn't expect the never ending walk to get there. So ridiculous.' Izzy thought as they continued down the halls.

"Sucks." He muttered in mild irritation.

Beta looked at him with a sad smile. She seemed to have mistakenly thought he was commenting on Axl's current depression. He ignored it, it didn't make any difference anyway.

Finally Beta stopped in front of a closed door. "He might not be here. Do you hear any sound?"

Izzy shook his head. He didn't hear any beautiful music he used to love. She opened the door then immediately closed it again. He shook his head and asked, "He isn't there?"