Chapter 19

Alana stares at the dance floor where her friends were happily dancing away while she was brooding over what happened between her and Richie. Touching the cut mark on her wrists she sighs.

"Trouble in paradise?" Spencer's voice makes Alana groan.

"You truly are shameless are you not?" she sighs making him grin.

"That I am" he winks as he sits beside her.

"What do you want?" she questions moving away from him and he pouts.

"You know ever since you have been marred you have gotten rude to me"

"Finally you noticed but just for you small brain I have always been rude to you"

"Yes, but now it has started to hurt my feelings"

"Then please by all means go rub the balm between someone else's legs" she crudely states making him laugh.

"This, this is why I love being around you. No buttering or polite straight to the point Alana" he chuckles as he puts a drink in front of her.

"Sometimes, this does helps" he smiles as he stares at the dance floor.

"I don't want help" Alana sighs refusing the drink as she tries to get up but he stops her.

"Stay Alana, I am not up for something tonight. Maybe just someone to stay beside nothing else" he sighs gravelly and Alana frowns as she has never heard him speak so sadly before.

"Not that I am interested but you seem a bit down tonight. I have not even seen you flirt with anyone" she points out making him chuckle.

"Good to know I have been watched" he grins and she rolls her eyes.

"Whatever" she states waving her hands in the air.

"Have you ever felt so helpless Alana?" he questions and she turns to eye him.

"What?"

"The thing that's right in front of you, you never see it until it's taken away you know"

"What are you talking about?" she asks not understanding him.

"All my life I thought I can get anything I want and I did too but what I never cared is the thing I have right in front of me"

"Did you lost something?" she asks and he shakes his head no.

"Someone, I just lost someone dear to me"

"Is everything okay?"

"All my life I had taken her for granted thought she was not worth but how stupid of me, she was right there, my everything...

And now she is lost to me"

"What happened?"

"She got married to someone else and that, that fact made me realize how important she has been to me and all the other girls I have chased were nothing compared to her"

"Did she love you?" Alana asks curious about it.

"She does but now I don't know if that love s enough for her to leave everything and be with me"

"Well, you have always been stupid so" she shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah" he sighs before gulping the drink he got for her.

"You will find someone else to forget about her" Alana states and he raises his brow.

"I cannot forget her Alana and that's the problem"

"Well lover boy I cannot do anything on it"

"I know or maybe you can"

"What?" she frowns.