Chapter 39

Four years later...

Ricardo puts the back down on before he lies on the couch with a groan as all his muscles ache.

"Mom, I think Rick is dead" Ryman's shout makes the woman drop the bowl as she rushes to check on her son.

"Fuck off" Ricardo groans as he raises his head to stare at his brother.

"Ryman" Alana shouts at her son before she touches Ricardo's forehead.

"But he does look like shit" Ryman points out.

"What happened?" Alana worries only to gasps.

"Incoming" Rustic shouts as he runs and jump on top of his brother making Ricardo groan in pain as he gets in a fetal position.

"Oh, now he is dead" Ryman chuckles.

"What?" Rustic asks worried as he stares at his mother with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, call your father" Alana worries as she pulls Rustic off his brother while Ryman just grins and stands.

"Now, Ry" Alana scolds the boy who slowly walks back.

"I swear" Ricardo warns his brother as he glares which makes Ryman laugh and shout for his father.

"Are you okay?" Alana tries to check on his bruises.

"How many times have I told you I am not a fucking swimming pool" Ricardo scolds his brother who jumps to hide behind his mother.

"Mom look at his clothes" Rustic whispers at his mother pointing at his brother's clothes.

"Ricardo, your clothes"

"I am fucking tired and exhausted mom, so"

"Ricardo" Richie's voice makes the boy shut as he sighs.

"The training was rough today" he mumbles as he slowly gets up from the couch.

*******

"Ow" Ricardo hisses as his father cleans his wounds.

"Where did they take you for training?" Richie asks as he checks the wounds.

"He was with the dogs" Richard speaks from the doorway making Ricardo narrow his eyes at his brother.

"Rick" Richie asks for an explanation.

"Rocky got a bit too excited" he mumbles with a sigh before grabbing the t-shirt Richard throws his way.

"I need you to come and see me at the library, we have few things to discuss" Richie states as he puts the kit away.

"Can I join?" Richard asks.

"No" both Richie and Ricardo shouts at once making the boy sigh.

"Rich, come let's play ball" Rustic jumps off the bed and holds his brother's hand.

"I will cut your ears if you eavesdrop" Ricardo warns Ryman who whistles as he slowly walks out of the room.

"Come on angry young man" Richie sighs patting on his son's arm to make him move.

*******

"And it goes from here to here" Rustic states as he draws the line.

"You are stupid" Ryman teases as he pulls the drawing book away from Rustic hand and starts to draw.

"Hey, that's mine" Rustic shouts as he tries to pull the book out of Ryman's hand but fails.

"Give it back" the boy demands.