I Hold On Pt. 10

“Apologizing for so many things.” He shook his head as he stood with his hands behind his back, resisting the urge to grab her and hug her. “I’m sorry for the song, but you have to understand that I have to heal, it’s how I heal Selena. Second I’m sorry for being a mess, getting into a fight and then you picking my drunk ass up and driving me home. I’m sorry for telling you I hated you because I could never hate you and I love you so much that I think I have enough love that even if you didn’t love me it would be okay. And finally..” He moved closer to her, staring into her eyes. “I’m sorry for giving up on us when you never did. I should have tried harder, I should have given up New York for you, I would give up anything for you and you have to know that.” He stepped back, wanting to kiss her so bad as he saw tears in her eyes. “I can’t promise to leave you alone, and I can’t promise to stop loving you but I hope that you have a happy life with him. I hope that he gives you everything you need because if not he’s gonna have to deal with me.” She giggled at his comment as he half smiled. “ I love you, and please don’t forget my invitation.” He pulled his keys out and walked past Selena to get into his truck. 

“Wait!” Selena ran to him and grabbed him, pulling him into a deep, heavy kiss. “I’ll never not love you.” She looked into his eyes as she held his head in her hands. “Don’t ever forget that. Be happy.” She kissed his lips once again before allowing him to get into his car and leave. She held back the urge to cry as she watched the gate open and his truck pull down the driveway and leave. 

“Uh oh. Did Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas secretly meet up? That’s right. The two were seen kissing on her driveway, just days after announcing that her and Justin were getting married. This love story just keeps getting jucier and jucier. Stay tuned for more!.” The host screamed in excitement as the picture from paparazzi of them kissing played on the screen. 

“That’s just great Selena. Thank you for doing that. I thought you loved me..” Justin screamed in her face as she sat on the couch in her living room. “Fucking cheating bitch.”

“I think you need to leave..” Nick stated as he pulled his key out of the door and shut the door behind him. “You can’t treat her that way. I don’t care who you are.” He walked closer to Justin and pulled him back from a crying Selena who was sitting on the couch. 

“What the fuck are you doing here? And why do you even have a key? Selena I thought I told you to change your locks..” He scoffed as she picked up her head and shook it. “I think you need to leave Jonas.”

“I think you need to realize that your ‘fiancé’” He put in quotations with his fingers. “Just kissed me even though she swears she loves you. “She will never love you like she loves me. She will never sing about you the way she sings about me..” Nick got close to Justin and cornered him as he shoved him til he hit the wall. “You will never be me.” 

Justin felt his blood pressure rise as he heard the words Nick spoke. He lifted his fist to punch Nick but it was caught by Nicks hand while his free hand punched him in the face. 

Selena stood up, in disbelief as Justin laid on the floor, his lip bloody and swollen as Nick towered over him, prepared to punch him once more. She grabbed Nick by the hand and pulled him away. “You need to go Nick. I thought we established this. That kiss was a goodbye kiss Nick. There’s nothing left…” She looked away, avoiding eye contact with him because she knew in reality she didn’t want any of what she was saying to be true. She brought his hand to her lips and kissed his bloody knuckles. 

“Selena..” He whispered, staring into her beautiful brown, sad eyes. 

“Go home Nicholas.” She whispered as she walked towards the door and opened it, waiting for him to leave. “Move on, be happy.”

“Selena we need to take a break..” Justin ran his hands threw his hair as he got himself up. He walked closer, grabbing her by the waist. “I love you, but we need time apart for now.” He kissed her forehead and then her ring finger. “Please wear that ring because this doesn’t mean we’re over, it just means we need time to ourselves. I leave for tour in Europe tomorrow, and when I get back in 2 months, I hope you’ll still be waiting for me.” He placed a small delicate kiss on her lips, no matter what he was so in love with her.