I Hold On Pt. 15

“Turn that off.” Demi walked into the house as she stared at Selena who was sitting on the couch in her sweatpants eating junk food. 

“I can’t believe this…” She threw popcorn at the TV as they continued to talk about the wedding on the TV. 

“He looks happy.” She shrugged as she shoved popcorn into her mouth, trying to hide her truly sad mood. 

“Yes, but he doesn’t look like he’s incredibly in love, he doesn’t smile ear to ear like he used to with you.” She grabbed the popcorn and tears came to Selena’s eyes as Selena looked through a photo album of their college years. 

“She’s lucky.” She wiped her tears as she hugged the bear Nick had given her in high school, when they were just kids. 

“Mhm.” 

“Stupid wedding invitation.” Selena picked up the invitation from the coffee table and tore it into pieces, throwing it across the room. 

“Babe.” Joe walked into the door, looking for Demi.  

“Oh no,” Joe crouched down in front of Selena. “It’s okay, Selena there’s more chocolate at the store, I didn’t know eating the last piece would make you cry.” He joked, trying to lighten up the mood. Selena giggled slightly as she threw popcorn in his face. “Okay I deserve that.” He rubbed his hand across her head in a playful way. “Now, you aren’t going to get Nick back by sitting on the couch like a slob. Tomorrow you are going to wear that dress Demi got you, and you are going to look beautiful and show that you are brave, and strong. You’re going with us Selena. I will never let you look weak.”

Joes words caused her to smile as he untied his tie and sat next to Demi on the couch. 

“Damn we look hot.” Demi laughed as they both walked into the church, waving at their friends that recognized them. They made their way to the 2nd row and took their seats, Selena’s stomach turned as she saw Nick staring at her as she talked to Demi. There was a sadness in his eyes she noticed, maybe she shouldn’t be here she thought. 

The wedding began as the bridal party made their way down the aisle. Next it was Olivia in a beautiful gown, smiling ear to ear. Yet Nick hadn’t even noticed the ceremony started because he was still staring at Selena. Joe flicked his brothers ear causing Nick to turn towards Olivia who was almost at the alter. 

“Nice one.” Joe whispered to Nick before he stepped back and allowed Nick to walk forward and grab Olivia’s hands. 

“Who ever believes these two should not be together, speak now or forever hold your peace.” Nick and Olivia turned towards the silent audience, his eyes finding Selena’s who was trying to hold back tears. 

“Okay, we can move o-“ The preacher was cut off by Selena standing up, everything inside her shaking as Nick dropped Olivias hands and stared at her, Olivia gave her a disgusted look. 

“I..” She stuttered as Demi patted her back to give her confidence and Joe and Kevin secretly gave her a thumbs up. “Don’t do it Nick. You’re not happy, you’re not happy like you are when you’re with me. So don’t say I do Nick, don’t choose her. Choose me because I love you and I’ve loved you since I met you and the biggest mistake I ever made in my life was losing you. Please Nick”