14.

jungkook woke up earlier than he thought and so he ended up going to school a lot earlier than he expected. he was currently walking his way to the school, after a twenty minute train ride, and was distracted of different thoughts. thoughts about his shitty life, thoughts about his missing diary and other things that cannot seem to stop pestering him. his mind felt like exploding from all these ridiculous things happening to him, and it was all made worse by the recent happenings with kim taehyung. ever since that day, the boy never left his mind again. it felt wrong, the way those unkind words rolled in his tongue, the way he told him that they weren't friends at all. it was the right thing to do, yet it felt like it was the biggest mistake he's ever done. the way they have been was wrong, but denying their friendship felt even wronger.

it's making him so frustrated.

      he stopped for a while and heaved out a sigh. a certain emotion struck his heart when he remembered that pained expression from the brunette when he told him that they weren't friends. it wasn't the first time this happened, he can remember other times, too, but this one was different. it hurts him so much, that he feels so weak just by seeing how taehyung's eyes look whenever he would meet his own. his eyes would blur whenever taehyung would give him a small smile, a sad one. his heart would break whenever they would cross paths and he would hear him quietly murmur "i'm sorry" to him. kim taehyung wasn't the only one hurt.

he was also hurt.

      jungkook turned to the next corner and saw taehyung from the other side of the road. he was listening to some music, obvious from the earbuds inside his ears. the boy was wearing his school uniform, his shirt fitting nicely with his body, his pants clinging to his thighs and legs perfectly. the handsome lad's smooth, brown hair went along with his face, his bangs covering his eyebrows, falling off perfectly. jungkook swore that he never saw a face as perfect as his: kim taehyung resembled an angel, a very beautiful angel. he stared at him from afar, but he found the older two beautiful brown irises staring at his own.

and jungkook's heart broke at what he saw.

      different emotions were conveyed by those gazes. the younger saw the brokenness and pain the other felt and he doesn't know why, but he ran to school fast and immediately to the restrooms when he reached the campus. as soon as he was able to enter a cubicle the tears that he's been trying to hold back streamed down his cheeks and he silently cried inside. what he wanted was to stop all of these pain he's experiencing inside, but it's been getting worse each day. seeing taehyung's crestfallen expression made his heart shatter into pieces. he wanted his happiness, but he was rather causing him the opposite.

     the door opened and jungkook hastily wiped the tear stains from his cheeks. at the doorway was namjoon, who was talking to someone over the phone again, but the tall lad rushed inside straightaway when he saw the miserable boy inside. the younger attempted to put his futile crying to a halt, but it just got worse when his hyung knelt down beside him, trying to comfort him.

"kook, oh fuck. jungkook, what happened?" the silver-haired boy in front of him asked, rubbing circles on his back. "stop crying, jungkook. shh, stop crying, okay?"

the mentioned boy kept on wiping his tears that didn't stop from falling from his eyes. "h-hyung, i don't want to see him hurting. i-it's my fault. all of these are my fault, hyung..."

"you're not at fault. calm yourself down," namjoon said to him, as he took deep breaths, trying to stop himself from sobbing once again. "we'll talk about this later. for now, just calm yourself."

     after crying for a solid five minutes inside the restrooms, jungkook and namjoon finally exited the place. bidding the latter goodbye and uttering his thanks to him, he entered his classroom, cursing himself for crying so much in the male comfort rooms. some of the students inside his classroom were eyeing him like he was some kind of a stranger that they didn't know, but he doesn't give a shit about that anymore. ignoring the chitchats coming from the others, he sat at the farthest part of the room, trying to get rid of any thoughts about someone owning an angelic face, someone in the name of kim taehyung.