zero.

[ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪsᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴏғ ᴅɪʀᴛʏ ᴅᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘɪɴʜᴇᴀᴅ ʟᴀʀʀʏ]

___

A week ago, if somebody had told Jongin that he would be standing outside of the top fraternity house on campus at eleven on a Sunday morning, he probably would have told them to literally go fuck themselves.

It wasn't that Jongin hated fraternities, oh no. In fact, he had intended to join one; just not this one.

Originally, Jongin had attended the fraternity's blowout party as a joke with his friend and roommate, Taemin.

Despite only being on campus for about a week and a half at the time, both of them knew more than they would have liked to admit about EXO Kappa, the top fraternity. Rumors spread to them quickly about how the fraternity was made up of an elite set of eight douchebags (who could all probably care less about actually doing college stuff like, I dunno, learning), and that they only accepted one pledge out of the hundreds (probably thousands) that applied per year. Obviously, with the odds definitely not being in their favour, there was no way that either of them would even be noticed, let alone selected to join as a pledge, right?

Wrong.

The original plan of "laying low" at the party had gone to shit about ten minutes in, at which Taemin had somehow gotten himself into doing a keg stand with no less than fifteen other people standing around him in a circle, hollering something along the lines of, "This freshman is freakin' awesome!" He and Jongin promptly got into an argument about it afterwards, because what the fuck did Taemin not understand about laying low?

Obviously, their shouting had attracted even more attention to them, and in no less than five seconds flat they had been labelled as Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry by a bunch of drunk, giggling seniors.

They had also argued over which one of them was Dirty Dan.

Now, standing across the street from the EXO Kappa fraternity house building, a pledge invitation in his back pocket, Jongin was still thoroughly convinced that he was, in fact, Dirty Dan.

Anyway, the short version of the story was that Jongin had been sent an invitation from the top fraternity on campus, and Taemin had not (which made Jongin Dirty Dan, the head honcho, in his own tiny little mind).

Except now, Dirty Dan was way too much of a wuss to even walk up to the front door of the house.

After a deep sigh (and telling himself, "Move, you idiot!" for the hundredth time), Jongin finally started making his way up to the front door, knocking three times as soon as he stopped in front of the wooden structure. Fifteen seconds went by, then another fifteen... and another. Eventually, two minutes had passed, yet nobody had come to the door.

Grunting in impatience, Jongin raised his hand once more to knock. Except, this time, the door swung open right before he did, and he ended up knocking forcefully on some poor guy's forehead.

"Ow, man, what the fuck!" said poor guy (short guy, natural black hair, probably not very intelligent) cried out, holding his head down as his hands immediately flew up to clutch his now throbbing forehead. He stumbled backwards slightly as Jongin looked at him, partially alarmed by his sudden appearance and partially by the fact that he nearly knocked the guy out.

"I'm so sorry!" Jongin apologized, stepping forward in an attempt to steady the guy, only to get fanned off.

"Don't touch me, dammit," he replied as he stood upright, rubbing his forehead as he frowned at Jongin. From there, Jongin took notice of the faint smell of alcohol wafting out of the house, as well as the bags under the guy's eyes, which lit up with realization as he stared at Jongin. "Oh, damn, you're the new pledge! I forgot you were supposed to be coming today."