Chapter 5

"I must say," Sasori drawled. "I expected the mighty Kiara-Sama to actually show their face."

Kiara nodded along with him as they exited a small village, smoking bellowing up into the sky as they walked.

"I am afraid I cannot show you my face in fear of someone going through your mind and finding out about me. I have many people hopelessly searching for me." Kiara replied, shifting beneath her sky blue cloak that covered her body.

She wore her sunhat with a simple red turtleneck covering her mouth, not to mention the cloak aswell. Her outfit would always stay this same, since to her it was practical.

"Hopelessly?" Sasori questioned before turning his head slightly to look at her.

"I staged my death."

Sasori smirked, closing his eyes as they walked. "Of course."

"The angel has arrived." Kiara muttered, disapearing in a plume of smoke, leaving a single note.

Sasori reached for it, raising an eyebrow. A black form with paper surrounding it dropped down into the air above him, orange eyes meeting his.

'Make sure to actually lose.' The note said.

A smirk grew on Sasori's face as he tucked the note away, looking up at the 'Tenshi No Ame'.

"Akasuna No Sasori."

---

"I see you made it."

Sasori slowly turned from his new desk to face the woman, a smirk already on his face.

"I trusted your words." Was his reply. He turned fully, crossing his legs to lean on them.

Kiara walked over to him, towering over the hunched form. She held out her hand, a piece of paper in it. Sasori took it with raised eyebrows.

"I decided on something for you," Kiara started as she walked around the room. "A shell of sorts. It will greatly help you but cannot be seen for another five years. It's name is Hiruko and it will be your disguise."

Sasori stood up, pacing as he read the information about the puppet tank. "May I disguise it anyway I wish?" He asked, looking over like a small child looking for permission.

Kiara merely nodded. "And a tail, a scorpion tail."

"Scorpions are cool." Sasori mumbled, walking up next to Kiara. He handed over a small slip of paper. "I need these things for Hiruko."

Kiara nodded, taking the paper. She was about to leave when Sasori grabbed her shoulder, making her look down at him.

It gave her great pride that she was taller than him, even if for a few years. Her female Uchiha short genes would kick in, she knew it.

Sasori leaned in to her ear. "Keep an eye out."

That made Kiara smirk.

"What do you know," Kiara whispered. "That I don't?"

Sasori straightened up with a smirk, tilting his head to the left. He froze for a second, which allowed Kiara to escape his grasp and reverse summon.

Rapid knocking came from the door, earning an annoyed Sasori.

"Come in." Sasori hissed, his eye twitching. A calm Konan poked her head in, nodding at Sasori.

"I heard two voices." She replied bluntly.

"I have summons, you know."

Konan nodded quietly as she retreated back into the hallway, leaving an quietly fuming Sasori.

---

Kiara sat in the room, her legs folded beneath her. She sat next to a orange cot with hateful kunai marks scratched into the side.

"Uzumaki Naruto," Kiara fondly called, her hand reaching to stroke the baby's face. Said baby grinned, showing pink gums. "And of course, Kurama."

Hands reached into the cot, lifting the small baby into Kiara's arms. She clutched him in her arms, gently rocking him.

"Nice to know at least one person enjoys Naruto-Kun." Someone mentioned as Kiara turned to face the Hokage, his eyes ever so slightly narrowed.

"Hokage-Sama." Kiara greeted, nodding her head.

"Uchiha-Chan," Sarutobi Hiruzen replied. "May I ask why you are not apart of this village with the rest of your clan?"

"Because I am a dead woman. My nephews will take over the clan while I am in the background, protecting it and them. Naruto-Kun is merely an extra in my circle."

"Do I know you?"

"Call me Kiara. That is my preferred name." Kiara mumbled as Hiruzen walked over, sitting in the chair that Kiara had sat in.

He sighed, taking off his hat and rubbing his head. "How can I trust you, Kiara-San?"

Kiara sat in front of him, lifting Naruto's arms gently as she rested him on her raised legs. It was a small form of excesize, to help his muscles.

"You do not know if you can. But I am merely the ringmaster of this puppet show, I will not affect that of which you care unless it is for the better." Kiara replied. Hiruzen reached for Naruto, seeing the reluctance from the woman.

"You can be his official guardian on paper and life," Hiruzen said, taking Naruto in his arms. "Under your Kiara name. What is your rank?"

"High jounin at least."

Hiruzen chuckled, bouncing Naruto on his knee.

"Please do not tell Naruto whom Kiara is." Kiara whispered, standing. She patted Naruto on his head. "It is not good for him nor anyone else."

"Of course, my dear." Hiruzen agreed.

"And one thing," Kiara said, turning on her heel as her coat flared up dramatically. "The ROOT of the trees will firmly ground into the earth of future. Get rid of those ROOTS AND I will be loyal to you and you alone."

Kiara disapeared as Hiruzen contemplated her words.

---

"Honestly, child! You leave these men faster than a cheetah!"

Kiara grimanced. "Hiruzen is years older than me."

Joo leaned in close, a smile dancing on her bill.

"But that Sasori boy is not." She sung quietly, raising her eyelids in a way that tried to mimic wiggling eyebrows, which did not look good on her.

"I am not interested in anyone right now." Kiara snapped, turning on her heel to walk towards the pups.

Booming laughter left Joo as she caught the small flush on her summoners face, making her roll over. A small thud echoed through the river bank as many platypi copied their queen.

Kiara's face flushed even more, her eye twitching. "Quiet, all of you!"

The laughter continued.