Chapter 4: Cousin

Alone ~4

Claire Johnson

Nash and I were brought to the second level dining area where we had a view of the other buildings. We decided we would sit next to each other while Cam and Carter would sit next to each other. Nash slid into the booth and I slid in after him. A server introduced herself and I noticed she seemed a little frantic to see Nash. She took our drink order and asked if she could take a picture with Nash. Nash half smiled towards me and I slid out so he could get out. The girl asked me to take the picture of them. At first I wasn't sure how to take the picture on the iphone. I felt afraid that I'd drop the phone. I took several pictures making sure they all turned out good. The girl thanked me and looked at me curiously.

"I've never seen you around the guys before," she said curiously. She looked between Nash and I. Her questioning look had me slightly worried after encountering the numerous screaming girls at the mall. I hope we would be able to eat here? "Are you two...?"

"No," Nash and I said at the same time. Nash's eyes were slightly wide and I felt my cheeks heating up once again. I don't think I've ever blushed so much before. It wasn't until today that I've really paid attention to my surroundings again.

"She is a friend of mine," Nash smiled and I nod shyly. As the waiter looked towards me, I lowered my eyes to the table feeling shy. I never was much of a person to socialize.

"Can I take a picture with you?" I looked towards the waiter again and saw she was looking towards me with a friendly smile. Nothing in her expression was telling me that she had any bad intentions and I looked towards Nash slightly and he chuckled looking towards me. I then turn back to her, who waited for a response. I pointed to myself questionably.

"You want a picture with me?" I asked softly. I was very confused to why she would want one with me. She doesn't know that I'm Jack's cousin, but I don't think that would matter. She nods and I agree shyly as I walked over to her. Nash took the servers phone and smiled as he looked onto the screen. The server and I wrap arms around each other posing for the camera. I smile towards the camera the best I could without this feeling strange.

"Thank you so much! I'll be back with your drinks in a moment." She walked away and the both of us slid back into the booth again.

"She seemed nice."

"I think she likes you."

"Does this usually happen when you go out?"

"Yes. Don't worry. Cam, Carter, and I will make sure you're safe and you get to where you need to after this."

"Thank you. I... uh have to meet my aunt back at the mall around two thirty." Nash nodded.

"Yeah, no problem. We can drop you off then." Soon we spot Cam and Carter coming our way and they both slide into the booth sitting in front of us.

Once the server came back with the two drinks, the server freaked out all over again and I learned that Cam was her favorite. I could tell. They took a few pictures and Cam spoke with her for a little while until she promised them that she would get them their drinks. I picked the menu up and instantly knew exactly what I would be getting. I put the menu down and looked at the guys who were on their phones. I took a glance at Nash and saw he was deciding on what to order. I slowly poke him and his blue eyes found my green ones.

"Do you know what you're getting?" I nod and he smiled and closed the menu. "Well, I'm glad you do and if you didn't know, I will be paying for you."

"You don't have to," I frowned slightly. He has been so kind to me. I knew it wasn't necessary for him to. Nash told me that it wasn't a problem and that it was his fault I had to wait even longer to eat. He did have a point there. Eventually I gave up on the idea of paying for my own meal. If I encounter with Nash again, I promise to return the small gesture.