Chapter 5: Surprise?

Alone ~5

Claire Johnson

You'd think when you've met a group of boys for the first time, they would be full of energy and quite intimidating to the point that you weren't sure if you should interact with them. I would have thought on the way back to mall, I would be sitting in the car listening as the guys talked and laughed about things I had no idea would be going on. Surprisingly, that was not the case. Instead Cameron, Nash, and Carter included me in their conversation. Not once, did I feel out of place or left out. It was like we were all really good friends for a long period of time.

We were now arriving at the mall and Carter was finding parking near one of the side entrances. While Carter started to back into a parking spot, I checked the time on the dashboard to see I still had about fifteen minutes until I had to be at the store my Aunt Jen told me to go to. I think I may head over to the music store.

"Thank you guys for brunch," I spoke sheepishly and looked between the three of them. Carter and Cameron turned around to face me. Everyone seemed to be taking their seat belts off.

"It's an honor to be meeting you Claire," Cameron smiled and I could feel my cheeks warming up slightly. They sure know how to make people feel positive.

"To be meeting you as Jack's cousin, it has been the highlight of my day. Thanks for letting Nash hit you with a door." I playfully glared at him before I began to laugh for the second time, because I couldn't believe Carter would actually say that. Carter's smile increased before he laughed along with me.

"I didn't plan it," I smiled faintly. "I really had a great time with you guys."

"Well of course," Nash said from beside me. "The day isn't over and we're coming with you to see mama Johnson." I nodded as the four of us got out of the car and I waited until we were all ready to make our way to the entrance. "We're having a lot of fun with you."

"With me?" I asked questionably. " You three are the ones who makes everything seem interesting."

"Well you're the interesting one. In fact how is it that we've all already bonded so well with you? Many people who don't know us would find us very strange and make sure to ignore us. You're nothing like that."

"You didn't exactly give me choice," I joked. Nash chuckled as he opened the door for me and I thanked him. We now stood inside and I looked around trying to figure out which direction the music store was.

"Since we have a bit of time to spare before mama Johnson... " Carter said looking at the time on his watch, "What do you want to do?"

"I was wondering if you guys knew where the music store is? I've been wanting to go there since this morning." The three of them turned to each other for a moment before turning back to me. Each of them had a curious look.

"Music?" Cameron started.

"Does it run in the family?" Carter asked.

"I had no idea you were into music," Nash said slowly. They began leading me towards a direction, which I assumed where the music store was. It felt like every time I revealed something new about myself, they were very intrigued to learn more.

"Music has made a huge impact on my life," I said softly and looked ahead gasped at the size of the music store. The guys looked at where I was looking to and I started making my way over to the music store. It looked like a huge one. I am a nerd for music. I wasn't going to lie. As I entered the store, I looked around in excitement. My feet started moving as I looked around and began looking for the section with music pieces for the cello. I had the excitement of wanting to pick up everything. I heard chuckling from behind, but I choose to ignore it as I realized there was a huge section of cello music pieces. My eyes widened as I scanned the piece selection.