Chapter Thirty One- Catherine

"So lemme get this straight? Rebecca breached her restraining order?" Layla says as she ticks each one from her fingers. "She's dyed her hair brown" she ticks another finger off with a shocked expression. "Did not see that comin" she mutters shaking her head. I snort laugh, but I end up choke—coughing.

Shite, I hate being sick...

"You okay? Do you need your inhaler?" She asks reaching for my inhaler.

I shake my head. no

She grimaces but doesn't question me. "Okay, so what else, what else—oh yeah, the identical clothing and perfume to yours" she says knocking the rest of them off her fingers. "I don't fucking blame you for being paranoid babe, that shit sounds fucking freaky to me" she says shaking her head looking at the clock her eyes widen. "Shit, I better get going—otherwise am gonna be late for work, this is all your fault this, with all your juicy goss" she points at me with mock accusation. "I'll pass the sick note on to Chelle for you and let them know how you are too" she says getting her coat back on.

"Thanks, babe," I say with a sneeze.

"Bless you, awwww—feel better soon babe, love you," she says as she turns to leave the apartment.
"Love you too" I shout after her and sneeze again.

fucking hell, I'm surprised I've still got a fucking nose the amount of sneezing I've done...

Just then I get a text, reaching over I pick up my phone to see who it's from— it's from Craig.

My Babe: Don't forget to take your meds baby, I shouldn't be too long here— get some rest and I'll see you soon, I love you Xx

I reply I love you too to his message and take my morning antibiotics with some paracetamol for my temperature, lying down on the couch I suddenly feel sleepy as my eyes close and I drift off to sleep.

Sometime later, I start to come round from my sleep hearing a familiar voice near me. "What's she doin here? She shouldn't be here, she shouldn't be here at all— I should be here, Craig's mine—she took him from me" she hisses angrily, she's silent for a beat until she speaks again. "No, I couldn't do that— yes, you're right, she's taken everything from me" she says her voice laced with hatred.

Rebecca, Fucking hell, she really has lost the plot—

I stay silent not wanting to fuel the fire, especially when she's obviously not well... I need to tell Craig.

I feel a hand on my head, stroking my hair and I force myself not to move. "Yes, when the time is right— I'll be the one here, not her" she giggles. "I know I'll be the one to make him happy—In the end, I'll be Mrs Catherine Berkeley— you're on borrowed time, Catherine, enjoy it while it lasts" she laughs evilly patting my head lightly and then she's gone, I wait till I hear the soft click of our door before I leap up reaching for my phone and dial Craig up...

Holy shit— she wants to kill me...

He answers on the second ring. "Hey baby, how are you feeling? Did you take your meds?" He says happily and my heart soars at the sound of his voice.

"Craig" I sob, my voice cracks.

"Kitty Cat? What's wrong?" He asks frantically as I hear his footsteps quicken.

"She was here, Rebecca was here—in our home, she's gonna kill me Craig— " I cry.
"What?" He growls angrily
"Rebecca, she plans on killing me and saying shit like taking my place—Craig, I don't think she's well, mentally i mean, she was talking to someone, but no one else spoke—just her, she want's you Craig and she's not gonna stop until she does" I say, my hands are shaking, my heart is breaking at the fact that me being with Craig is doing this.