Chapter 7 - Making Friends Part 2

"Angie?" I said as the peculiar female walked up to me.
"(Y/N) and Kaito, the last two people i need, Atua wants you to go to the gym immediately." She said and walked away. "What an exciting conversation." I said sarcastically.
"Yeah." Kaito said laughing a little.

"Hey, (Y/N), how close were you with Rantaro?" Kaito asked. The question made me a little sad because me and Rantaro were close, really close.
"Me and Rantaro were really close friends, we managed to get along and understand each other really quickly. But it was only a really close friendship and nothing else, because Rantaro I-is..." I couldn't finish, i was about to cry. Rantaro was important to me and he was gone, how could i not cry? I was suddenly given a warm embrace. "K-Kaito?" I said crying a little.
"Look (Y/N), i know this is a little awkward since we don't know each other that well, but i'm sorry, what i asked was really insensitive, but i want you to know that i want to be close friends with you, i want you to know that there is someone here for you to open up to. I'm here (Y/N), i'm your friend." He finally finished his speech and i hugged him back.
"Thank you, thank you very much Kaito. No one has files me with so much...so much hope as you have today, so thanks." I said and we finally let go.

"We should probably get to the gym though." I said with a smile and running from Kaito giggling a little.

"HEY, (Y/N), WAIT." Kaito shouted down the hall after me. I just laughed.

I was about to open the door when I felt something grab onto my wrist.
"What is is, Kaito?" I asked, looking into the tall males eyes.
"Look, i wasn't joking earlier, you can depend on me." He said this so serious it was intimidating.
"I know Kaito, i know." I said patting his shoulders. "But the same goes for you, i'm your friend ad you can rely on and lean on, i'm here, alright?" I said and he nodded in response. He finally let go of my wrist and we entered the gym.

"The last two finally arrived." Angie said. We looked at her expectantly, 'Atua' had something to say, apparently. "Long story short, i found this flashlight. I didn't understand it so i asked for help." She finished. As on que as always Monokuma appeared.
"If you ever need help, i'll help." He said. "You see, that flashlight is actually a flashback light. It's job is to shed a light on someones or everyones missing memories. I won't stop you from using it, but its up to you." He said and left.

Loads of people said we shouldn't use it, but not me.
"I think we should use it, if that thing really does treats amnesia, which wouldn't be strange in a place like this, then we definatly should, it might be important." I said and people started agreeing with me so in the end we used it. When the flash went off nothing happened. "Huh?" I gasped.

"The Ultimate Hunt." Shuichi said. So their memories were something i already remember. "Rantaro spoke about it, but we didn't know what it was, until now." Keebo said. "So what exactly did everyone remember, i want to check if everyone remembered the same thing." I said.
"Well, i was being chased by, the Ultimate Hunt, but to escape them i erased all memories of my talent and lived the life of a normal high school student." Shuichi said. Everyone said theirs were the same. "I see." I said. "Well i'm going to go, can i take the flashback light?" I asked. I was given the light no questions asked. I went to my reaserch lab. I sat at my desk and tried to take the light apart, i couldn't do it without damgaging what's inside. "Tch, the mastermind was smart." I said to myself. I went to my other lab to train for a bit then headed to my dorm.

I sat on my bed, thinking. "Who is the mastermind?" I asked myself. "It wasn't Rantaro or Kaede, but i dont know about anyone else, i should keep an eye on everyone." I thought.