Silly Daze: Part 6

Chapter 6: Wave Your Shirt!

Gabriel Coleman, Silas Korba, and both North and Luke Taylor all walked through the entrance of the hospital, grumbling with each other good-naturedly.

North was yelling—as always – and Gabe was flipping him the bird. Apparently, when Luke is grounded, "that means no fuckin picking him up on your damned scooter, Gabe! He was fuckin grounded for a fuckin reason."

Gabe pretended to yawn, knowing that North would get over it soon.

So what? Was he supposed to just leave his bestest-buddy locked away in that house all day? Besides, that was like a whole 16 hours ago. For fuck's sakes, it's a new day.

North stomped, fuming, and shook off the hand the silent giant laid on his shoulder.

Gabe led them straight past the nurse's station and only paused when North called out, "At least text Doc and see if he's with a patient or something!"

Luke yawned slightly, smacking his lips and pretending he could still taste the chocolate muffins that he and Gabe had devoured last night for their late-night snack. Too bad cupcake couldn't stay up with us, but the others would've known and reported us! He could deal with North's fussing; he didn't want to have to deal with whatever would be Mr. Blackbourne's reaction.

He giggled to himself at the reminder of when Gabe dropped him off at home around 3am, only for him to be scared out of his mind to see his brother seated in a chair staring at the door. All the lights had been off and North had been wearing his signature all-black Reaper look.

Gabe, who had come in to use the bathroom before heading back home because "You try riding a fucking scooter when you've gotta take a piss, Luke, now open the damn door!", had screeched like a little girl and yelled "Code Black!" He'd shoved Luke towards North who had glared at his older brother only to then take off after Gabe who must've not needed the toilet anymore because Luke could hear him trying to rev up the scooter.

Luke came back into the moment when Silas and North began to yell in Greek; North must still be riled up about last night.

He gave a smile to the nurse that they'd just passed and kept walking when she batted her eyelashes flirtatiously. He had a Cupcake already, thank you very much.

"Doc says he's free, and we should meet him in the cafeteria," Gabe announced.

Silas put a hand on Gabe's shoulder and stopped him from moving. He turned Gabe easily so that he and North faced each other. In true Silas fashion, the Greek just raised a bushy eyebrow without saying a word.

Though they pouted their way through it, North and Gabe offered each other "manly" apologies and briefly hugged it out.

Even more brief when they heard the nurse go "Aww," making them snatch away from each other and North suddenly gained another couple inches of height and his shoulders were suddenly even broader.

Luke rolled his eyes, knowing his brother and Gabe both had their issues with not seeming manly; he couldn't' really care less himself. He knew he was hot, knew he was talented, and, most importantly, knew his Cupcake was somewhere in this hospital!

"Let's go," he shooed the trio.

North gave his eerie version of a smile, "At least we can catch lunch while we meet up with Doc."

Luke paled, and Gabriel's gulp didn't go unnoticed.

Silas' face twisted into a slight smirk, and he reached out to fist pound North as they made their way to the cafeteria.