|| Prologue ||

"[Y/n]! It's time to go!"

The female flinched at her mother's rough words. The fearful girl could just faint at the smallest of things. A bug, a thud, or even just a simple scream or an accidental sneeze.

Without looking back, she gathered what she needed in a small backpack. Clothes, food, extra food just in case the food supply gets cut short, a couple of her favorite books, binoculars and a compass for navigation purposes.

Wearing blue pants matched with a white polo shirt, entirely covered by a grey long sleeved sweater and brown shoes to complete her outfit, she looked at the mirror and realized that she looked like a boy for a reason. Either way, she liked it that way. Her hair was neatly combed in a bun, no stray hair flying away or covering her face.

As another yell irrupted from the throat of her mother, she quickly ran downstairs only to be greeted by two angry 'friends' and a frowning mother who could care less about what her child looks.

Her mother wore a beautiful tight silk blue dress which hugged her curves. Pearls wrapped around her neck and hung on her ears. The female didn't look anything like her mother, which gave her the idea that the chances of being adopted was high, but that would be ridiculous.

"You're taking too long. The private jets' have been waiting outside for fifteen minutes! What have you been doing? Shaving your armpits and popping all the acne on your face? Maybe even playing ugly with your own reflection in the mirror?" One of [Y/n]'s so called friend, Kylla, mocked.

The girl released a heavy breath and walked out to follow the others that got in one of the jets, but before she could, a hand that belonged to her mother held her wrist tightly, enough to bruise her thin wrist.

"You better behave yourself. I didn't raise you to act like a filthy spoiled brat. You're lucky you have rich friends. If not— well, you'll wish that you were never born." Her mother whispered with gritted teeth before pushing the female's wrist harshly and walking away towards one of the jets.

The girl jumped slightly as she felt a hand on her shoulder, making her look up and see the sorrowful face of her father. "Don't listen to your mother's words. You're not a spoiled brat. You're a beautiful, talented and kind girl. Alright? Now let's go before your mother kills us both." Her father gave her a dashing smile before ruffling her hair and giving her a peck on her forehead.

The girl gave a subtle nod, entering the jet with the woman who despised her the most. After a few moments, the jet started and slowly flew to their destination.

She didn't know what she did wrong. She had no past mistakes and always obeyed her mother and father's words. She wasn't adopted, she wasn't cruel and nor was she spoiled. She was just like other normal girls in town.

But her mother despised her with every inch of her skin.

Is she a mistake? She didn't know. The only thing that was keeping her intact was her loving father, Scott, who would always support his only child no matter what. He loves her to the moon and back.

Scott kissed her daughter's forehead, pulling her closer to his warm chest. Gaining the unwanted attention of Narcissa, the mother who could never love her only daughter and child.

Scott only held his daughter tighter, aftraid for her to disappear. He always wanted a child and here she is, grown and beautiful, nurtured and mature. Narcissa on the other hand, also wanted a child, but as she said, "She's too imperfect for me. She's a complete disappointment."

Scott could do nothing but protect her daughter. Protect her from the world. Protect her from her mother's abuse. Protect her from.... a secret that should never be revealed.