||Chapter Seven||

Chapter Seven: Numb

||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||

YOU

They we're all having a conversation about the how dangerous it was to continue and about how Chapman was dead. I couldn't listen. I didn't want to.

My dad was dead.

The only one left of me. I should've been there.

And you know why? Because that son of a monster used him as bait.

"Weapons! Enough to kill it!" Packard yelled. "Long didn't kill Chapman." James replied. "But he killed these men. My men." Packard said, showing us many bame tags for military soldiers.

No. You killed your own men you monster.

"You can't kill Kong. Kong is God in this island. His the only thing keeping them lizard things on the ground." Hank said with a nervous laugh.

"He's right colonel. We can't kill Kong. Now that other creature? That's the threat and there are more of them down there. If you take away a species' natural competition they'll proliferate out of control!" Houston yelled, clearly freaked out.

"Then we'll kill them too. After we bring this thing down." Hank was angry and took out his katana, pointing it at Packard.

"I can't let you do that colonel." Hank said. "Woah woah woah! Hold your fire!" James yelled. Packard was fast, he knocked the katana out of Hank's hands and hit him on the stomach.

"This is one war we are not gonna lose." Packard said, looking at everyone. "NUTS! YOU HEAR ME? THIS IS NUTS!" Hank yelled.

"Please! You need to listen to us!" San said. "We're not at war colonel. You're making a mistake!" Houston added. "Your lies got my men killed." Packard told Houston.

I huffed. "And you're gonna get us all killed." Mason interfered. "Your men wouldn't be killed if you didn't let them drop the darn bombs in the first place!" I yelled.

I was on my breaking point. "You better shut that mouth of yours you whore of a woman." I gasped. "I swear to everything alive on this island. I. Will. Kill. You."

"Not our fight." James who held me back from beating the soul out of Packard. I growled and glared at James who didn't even bat and eye.

Who was he to decide whose fight this was?

"Who's side are you on Captain?" Packard asked James.

"Okay. Colonel we'll find you a sea stallion three clicks up that ridge now I'm gonna take this civilians back to the boat and we'll wait for you there. All right?" Conrad asks, raising his hands as a sign of defense.

Everyone lowered their guns on which I didn't know was raised.

"Saddle up! Let's go kill this thing!" Packard told the remaining soldiers and started leaving to their destination.

"Marlow you okay?" James — no... Conrad asks. I don't want anything to do with him right now. I could've justified my dad's death but what did he do? He held me back.

"We need to stop him." Hank whispered.

"You wanna talk with him about it again? He seemed to really go for it the first time." Mason said, who rolled her eyes and looked at me trying not to cry.

"He's loosing his grip." Conrad said, then looked at me. Before he can speak, I looked away and walked past him, intentionally bumping into his shoulder harshly, pushing him back.

He sigh in frustration before saying, "Now follow me and we'll get off this rock alive." I rolled my eyes. You promised that to everyone and yet you failed.

I know. I'm being selfish and rude. He was just saving Slivko. I just can't believe he held me back. I can't believe him.

We continued our journey silently. Mason was still tying not to cry while I tried not to strangle Conrad to death.

He kept glancing at me once in a while and when he did, I would look away with a roll on my eyes. He had an apologetic look but I kept my guard up.

"There's water close by." Conrad said as he supported himself on a fallen stem of a tree which has fungi in it. "Are you lost? Which way?" Houston asks.

"Hang on." Conrad looks around as if to find a way. We suddenly heard a growl. Kong's growl. Conrad looked on a near pathway and stood up.

"Wait here. I've got to get to higher ground to find the river." He says and walks away but before he does, he turned back and looked at me. "Can you accompany me L/n?" I gave a sigh before walking beside him.

"Let's go." I mumbled. "I'll be right here." Hank says, pulling his gun from his bag. "Stay safe Y/n!" Mason said. She was already acting like a real mom, which makes me want to cry because my dad is gone, she can't marry him anymore.

~

While we were climbing, Conrad always helps me get up even if I didn't want him to. He grabs my arm or wrist forcefully, not enough to hurt, but enough for him to take control.

When we were almost at the top, I growled as he tried to reach out for me again. "CAN YOU PLEASE JUST STOP AND KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!"

He looked taken aback but again, I could care less. I continued climbing until I reached the top and dusted my pants.

I took my binoculars from my backpack and looked around. I was holding back tears once again. Dangnabbit. I hate crying.

Conrad suddenly pulled me to him, making me drop my binoculars on the floor. "HEY! What're you—"

I was cut off by his lips. He pressed his lips on mine and held my waist with both hands tightly.

By now, my tears were falling freely as I tried pushing him away, but he he's just to strong that I started to give up and melt into the kiss.

He was so rough and passionate. He was giving it all to this one kiss. He had tears falling too, I knew because his tears were mixing with my own.

Conrad loosened his hold on my waist and held the nape of my neck as we pulled away for air.

"I'm so sorry. I know that you hate me so much and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't protect Scott. I'm sorry I didn't let you punch Packard to his death but please. I'm begging you. Don't leave me."

I was so shocked. I've never seen him like this and it breaks my heart. I was about to speak but he cut me off once more.

"I love you so much. Please don't leave me. I have no one but you. Plea—"

He was shocked when I kissed him. I chuckled and shook my head. "You're yapping. Shut up." He grinned and hugged me, kissing my temple.

Suddenly, a figure ccomes towards us. It was Kong. I let go of Conrad and started approaching Kong slowly. Conard tried pulling me back but I was too far.

When I was near enough, I placed a hand on Kong's face. His fur was so soft. I cried even more as did Conrad.

The moment was ruined when a huge sound of an explosion came from where Packard was. Kong yelled in anger and started walking towards the source of the explosion.

Conrad took my binoculars and gave them to me before saying, "We have to go. Now."

We started running back to where San, Houston, Hank and Mason was waiting. I had a huge grin on my face and falres if vengeance in my eyes.

Finally, I can bring peace to my dad.