Chapter 6

️⬆️her dress to the meeting! ⬆️⬆️

Natalia's POV

"Goodnight my dear Natalia." His husky voice whispered into the night. With those words I swear my heart just stopped beating altogether.

I hurried off to my room, making sure not to bump into anyone since it was late. I shut the bedroom door and glanced around the room in bewilderment.

What the hell just happened?

My mind was a complete mess as I tried to reason with my wolf but she wouldn't have it. She was euphoric concerning tonight's events and she was quick to encourage marking and mating in the near future. Ugh! Stupid wolf is only concerned about getting her mate and getting her happily ever after.

But she wasn't wrong to swoon over our mate. Lucas. I swear the man must have been a Greek god. His face was the perfect description of an angel with a devil may care attitude. And his body. Damn! I would be lying if I said that I didn't want the suit gone already by our second meeting. I could feel his well defined and muscular body underneath. No. No. No!

I will not be moved by a mate with a pretty face. I have to be stronger than that. Come on, Natalia. Resist!

By this time I'm surprised that I haven't wore the floor out with my pacing. I'm probably just overreacting. Tomorrow is the Alpha's meeting and the conclusion of the conference. I can survive until then and then I'll leave and never have to see his handsome face again.

My wolf didn't like the idea of leaving our mate but I had to convince her that it was for the better. That way no one would get hurt. I would tell Alan tomorrow. But right now, all I want is a good beauty sleep. Why do I have a feeling that tomorrow will be a long day?

****************

"Your mate is Alpha Lucas Black?" Alan questioned. Surprise was clear in his tone.

"For the hundredth time, yes. Gosh, are you dumb and deaf now?" I turned to him with an irritated look when placing my diamonds studs in place. "Now come help me put on this necklace." I handed him the necklace and turned to the mirror.

"But Nat, if Alpha Lucas is your mate, don't you think that he would strongly disagree with your choice of dressing?" He tentatively asked while he placed the necklace around my neck and fixed the clasp. I turned to him with a frown etched on my face. "What's that suppose to mean? I don't see anything wrong with this dress. I like it and it's my decision if I want to wear it." I huffed in confusion and annoyance. Just because I have a mate it doesn't mean that I'll change my style of dressing for him. He's going to have to deal with it.

"First of all, that dress is backless and it's short. Thus exposing too much skin. I think there's a 100% chance that he'll be angry as hell." He explained in a knowing voice with a smirk on his face. "Whatever." I flipped him off and grabbed my black heels and my purse. While I was putting on my heels, Alan decided to tell me something important.

"Nat, I found my mate." He stated in a small voice. My head snapped up in his direction. "Oh my gosh, that's great news!" I smiled and hugged him. He chuckled in response. "So when can I meet her? She's coming back with us, right? Ooh, she must be hella pretty." I rambled in excitement. I needed some girlfriends man! Don't get me wrong, Alan and Jackson are the best but there are some things that I feel girls would understand better. For example when it comes to relationships and boys.

"Her name's Katherine or Kat for short. She's so beautiful, Nat. She has these blue eyes that I can't help but drown in. And she has silky soft black hair that reaches mid back. And her body. Nat, her body. She could be a model if she wanted to. Damn! And it doesn't just end there with her looks. She has such a wonderful personality. She's kind and caring and smart and feisty. She also loves video games! She's a gamer! She's just, perfect. " Alan had a faraway look in his eyes as he described his mate and I giggled.

"I'm happy for you, bro. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to attend a boring meeting. But I can't wait to meet her!" I hugged him once again before I left the room and made my way towards the meeting room.

I wasn't really late per se, I think everyone else was just early. I was fashionably late as usual. I laughed to myself as I thought of these silly things. When suddenly, my mind was invaded by the thoughts of my mate as his scent reached me. I started to get nervous but quickly brushed away the feeling.

It wasn't going to be easy. If he wanted me, then he was going to have to put in a lot of work. I was a fighter and I wasn't going to settle for just anyone, even my mate. Oh this was going to be fun. Get ready Lucas, you have a long journey ahead of you.

And with that I swung open the doors to the meeting room and immediately met the eyes of my mate from the head of the table. I smirked in satisfaction as his eyes roamed my body and turned black with fury and lust. Is it wrong that I had the greatest urge to laugh out loud right now?

"I'm so sorry I'm late." I exclaimed apologetically as I made my way to my seat which was next to Alpha David Matthews which was quite far from Lucas. David was an old flame of mine but our relationship consisted more of casual flings then anything serious. And he's only a year older than me.

A loud growl resonated throughout the room and everyone looked at Lucas in confusion but I had a smirk on my face. David draped his arm on the back of my chair more out of habit and Lucas followed the movement. Alpha Haynes tried to calm Lucas down but it was difficult. It was quite the sight. I know it's wrong but the current scene is just comical.

"Luna Perez, if I may have a word with you outside." Lucas more or less commanded before he stormed out the door. The other Alphas appeared perplexed and rather oblivious to the real reason behind his demand. "What is that about?" David whispered in my ear. "I guess I'll have to find out." I replied with a wink before I stood up again. And I wasn't here for more than five minutes. Gosh.

"Gentleman." I addressed the others with a mocking bow and a flirty wink which they returned with smirks and amused looks. I left the room and tried to spot Lucas but I was surprised when he pulled me into an empty hallway. He grabbed my arm and turned me to face his furious expression.

"Hello, mate." I greeted in a mocking tone. I was quite amused with this whole predicament.

"What the hell do you think you're wearing?"

_______________________________________

So another chapter for you guys. I loved writing it. Tell me your thoughts on it in the comments and don't forget to vote and follow while you're at it.

Lucas Black will be played by Mariano Di Vaio 😍🔥

Til next time lovelies.

~P