Chapter 11

Natalia's POV

It was less than a minute. Our eyes connected for specifically 37 seconds before he sped off. I didn't need to hear his voice or even see his face to know what he was thinking at that moment because his dark oak orbs told me everything. Hurt shone the brightest in his eyes and I felt shame wash over my being.

This is all your fault. Now our mate is angry with us. My wolf chided me in my head and I blocked her out because she was starting to give me a headache. She was right but it's not how it looks like.

I called Jackson and asked, well more like demanded, that he come pick me up because it was too cold and this stupid coat is not helping.

"Love, are you Ok? You're shaking." Adrian softly asked as he turned my body to face him. "Obviously. The weather is too windy and I'm wearing an exposing dress with a thin  coat which is unable to provide any warmth or comfort whatsoever!" I babbled in frustration as I ran my fingers through my messed up hair.

"Come here." Adrian pulled me into his warm embrace as his arms enveloped my trembling being. I let him hold me as my head rested  against his chest and he placed his chin on top of my head. "Adrian." He hummed in response and I sighed.

"He saw us." Adrian didn't react but continued to hold me. "Who?" He questioned, trying to act naive. I rolled my eyes. "My mate, Lucas."

"That explains the shaking." He muttered. I turned to look at him. "No, that was because of the weather." I pointed out. "Oh please. As a werewolf, you are able to maintain your body heat. You told me this when I asked why you were wearing shorts and a crop top when the temperature was like 15 degrees." He accused.

I opened my mouth to argue and he raised his eyebrow as if saying 'just try to argue.' I huffed in annoyance and frowned at him. "Yeah, you know I'm right this time." He boasted. I rolled my eyes at his antics. "Haha. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts." I muttered sarcastically.

I'm almost there Nat. 10 minutes, give or take. Jackson's voice rang through the mindlink. With a sigh I gently pushed Adrian away. Should have done that last night, my wolf muttered and I really wished we were two different people right now because I badly wanted to punch her in the face for bringing this up again.

Yes, I went home with Adrian. No, I didn't sleep with his fine ass. I'm might be a flirt but I'm not a slut. We stayed up the whole night talking about my mate, what I'm gonna do about the whole situation and how my decision was gonna affect all of us.

"Adrian, Jackson will be here soon" -"and you want me gone. I get it. " He faked a hurt expression and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah now shoo. Go on now, get." I pushed him in the direction of his apartment building and he gave me a two finger salute before walking away. I laughed and watched him walk away. He turned back to me when he reached the doors of his building and smirked. I raised my eyebrow in a silent question that was immediately answered when his figure blurred for a moment and I felt a feather like kiss on my forehead. I gave him a stern look after to which he only laughed in return before he disappeared into the building.

Idiot. What makes him think he can just go around stealing kisses like that? "Who's going around stealing what? " I heard Jackson ask as he stepped out of the vehicle behind me. Dammit I said that aloud. "Nothing. Just something I read about online." I dismissed the topic and got into the car. Jackson shrugged and proceeded to drive us back home.

"Hey Nat." I pulled out the silver dagger I always kept in my purse and pressed it to Alan's neck in one swift movement. "Hey, it's me!" He whined and I rolled my eyes and pushed him back into the backseat. "That's what you get for startling me, idiot." He pouted and I stuck my tongue out childishly at him. "Anyway shouldn't you be with Kat right now?" I was but then Jackson told me to come with him because he thinks you need to tell us something important." Alan wiggled his eyebrows in my direction to prompt me along.

Sometimes I hate the fact that these two know me so well. "Okay. Jackson take us to the cliffs." Jackson understand and drove faster while Alan's eyes widened. "It's that important!" His voice was an octave higher and I nodded with a sigh.

The rest of the car ride was filled with silence as each of us were lost in our own thoughts. Now how am I suppose to word out the complicated situation I landed my ass in?

_______________________________________

Guys I'm so sorry for not updating in like forever but I appreciate it if you're still reading and patiently waiting for the update. You guys are the real MVP. 

Anyway I'm grateful for the amount of reads this story is getting. Tbh I didn't expect that many people to want to read this story but I'm happy nonetheless. Thank you to all of you who took out time to read this book. It means a lot to me.

And I'm sorry for the shitty update schedule but as I've said before, I'm not really consistent with updating my books. Also when I'm rushed, the update usually turns out awful. So this book might or might not take forever to complete. Just warning you and profusely apologising in advance.

Okay, until next time lovelies.
~P