Chapter 7

Lucas's POV

The meeting had already begun and I had yet to see my lovely mate. Only trivial matters were being discussed as of now: pack numbers, territory markings, medical issues and more. I was hardly paying attention as I awaited the presence of my gorgeous mate.

I caught her scent just outside the door. My wolf was excited to see her again. The door open and in walked my mate looking like a supermodel. I scanned her from head to toe and my eyes turned black with fury and lust.

The black cocktail dress hugged her curvaceous figure well. It reached mid thigh and when she turned to close the door, I got a good view of her exposed back.

God, what is it with this woman and back exposing dresses?

I'm so sorry I'm late." She exclaimed apologetically as she made her way to her seat which was next to Alpha David Matthews which was quite far from me.

A loud growl escaped me and all eyes turned to me with confusion yet she turned to me with a smirk on her pretty lips. She is quite the vixen. From my peripheral vision, I saw Alpha Matthews drape his arm on the back of her chair subconsciously. I had to leave this room now before my wolf destroyed everything in sight.

"Luna Perez, if I may have a word with you outside." I said in a commanding voice before I stormed out of the room and into the hallway. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. This woman was trying to infuriate me on purpose. Well, she did a damn good job about it!

I heard the doors close as I caught her intoxicating scent. I pulled her into the empty hallway and turned her around to face me.

"Hello, mate." She greeted in a mocking tone. Her expression declared her amusement at the occurring situation.

"What the hell do you think you're wearing?" I roughly demanded and her smirk only grew larger. "Why? Don't you like it?" She did a twirl and her lips formed an adorable pout but she wasn't going to be let off the hook that easily.

"I do like it. But so did everyone else and that's the problem, darling." I smirked when her amused expression turned into puzzlement. She seemed surprised that I was taking this so well.

"Now," I held her up against the wall as I caged her in with my body, "Why would you do something like that?" I whispered against her neck and she visibly shivered. I smirked as I pulled back to meet her eyes. Her brown eyes studied me silently and I pondered what was running through her mind right now.

Before I could ask her, she pulled my head down and crashed her lips against mine. I responded eagerly as our tongues engaged in a fiery dance of passion. All my previous thoughts were thrown out the window and the only thing I could focus on was the enchantress that I held in my arms.

But all too soon, she pulled back and pushed me off of her. I stumbled back, slightly disoriented and surprised at her strength. My eyes snapped to hers in confusion and irritation to which she rolled her eyes. She picked up her fallen purse and fished out a compact mirror. I folded my arms against my chest and leaned against a nearby pillar as I watched her in amusement. The flexing of my arm muscles seemed to grab her attention as her eyes twitched ever so slightly.

She adjusted her hair and reapplied her ruined lipstick before she finally acknowledged me again. "Why? Because I can. And I want to. My style defines who I am." She exclaimed as she stood before me with a hand on her hip. She was too tempting. "I don't plan on becoming a nun anytime soon, babe. It's gonna take more than a mate to change me." She teased with a smirk and I answered with a raised eyebrow. I straightened myself and slowly walked up to her.

"Now, why on earth would I ever want you to change? You're perfect just the way you are." I commented as I reached out and caressed her cheek with one hand. "Of course, I am." She arrogantly replied and I shook my head at her remark.

"Alright, big boy. Let's go back inside before they start to think that you've murdered me." She patted my chest before she grabbed my hand and started dragging me along with her. I laughed at her attempt to drag my large frame along to which she shot me a glare. "I give up. Bring yourself. Use your own damn feet!" She huffed in frustration before she turned away but she halted in her path when I hugged her from behind.

"I'm sorry, love. Though I have to admit that it was comical to watch you try." I honestly admitted but she didn't seem to appreciate my honesty at all. She elbowed me in the gut and continued along down the hallway and towards the doors of the meeting room.

After I was able to regain my composure to ensure that I'm neither laughing nor bending over in pain, I walked up to her. She stood a few feet from the doors and I was puzzled as to why she hadn't entered the meeting room yet. When I was within her reach, she turned to me with a sweet smile. What does that mean? She was angry only a moment ago.

"Can we keep this mate business between you and I? I don't exactly want to tell anyone just yet. I'm still getting use to the idea myself." She reasoned and I narrowed my eyes at her. "And when do you plan on revealing the fact that you have a mate? When you get tired of being single? Or maybe after all the flirting? You know, what. Give me a call when you think you're finally use to the idea of soul mates." I stated angrily before I turned my back on her and walked towards the meeting room.

"Lucas." She blocked my path as she gripped my arms but I pushed her away. I saw hurt flash in her eyes before it was replaced with determination. I cut off her oncoming speech with my own furious rant. "Why would you do that? Are you ashamed to be my mate or do you just don't want to be mine? How ca-" My rant was cut short when she flung her arms around my neck and she hugged me. I tentatively wrapped my arms around her and sighed in defeat. All the anger and frustration left my body with her one action.

"I do want you." And with those words, my arms tightened around her. "I really do. But for now, I don't want the world to know. I want this to be a secret from the other Alphas. I will explain everything in due time." She pulled back to give me a hesitant smile. I pecked her lips and she threw her head back and laughed.

We walked together until we were right outside the door. But before I entered she pulled me back and I gave her a questioning look. She stood on her toes and lightly kissed the collar of my white dress shirt. "Something to tease them with." She winked at me before she put on a blank expression and walked through the door.

I pulled back my collar a bit and found a kiss mark gifted to me by Natalia Perez. I shook my head with a smile before I wore a neutral expression and entered the room. I took my seat and caught the questioning looks of the other Alphas as they had probably spotted the mark she gave me. It was quite amusing to see their troubled faces although there was an odd one amongst them.

She gave me a knowing smile as I glanced her way. The meeting continued but our fun had only just begun.

_______________________________________

Yay! Another update! What do you think? Tell me your thoughts on it in the comments and don't forget to vote and follow while you're at it.

Q: Why all the secrecy?

Til next time lovelies.

~ P