Hibernation

As Jack's eyes closed, Bunny noticed the little fairy. He had known that Frost was the herald of Winter, high in the court. The kid was barely even standing as the battle came to an end. Bunny had been prepared to catch the sprite as he fell. Frost had literally fallen onto him when the sleigh had started to move. He had to hold Frostbite to prevent him from flying off, that's how light the kid was. Blood was seeping against Bunny's fur, the amount rapid. He couldn't help but to smell the kid's scent and actually froze for a few moments.
"North, mate, kid needs medical help soon. He's also probably going into hibernation." Bunnymund stated in the hopes that the quiver in his voice wouldn't be noticed. He knew this scent. Mint, pine, wet grass, frost, and snow. It was the smell of Winter itself. If the kid was who the Pooka thought him to be, they were in serious trouble when the spirit woke up.
Bunnymund carried the sprite to the med bay, watching as the yetis managed to patch the kid back together. North didn't understand why Bunny was so wary of the child sleeping on the bed a mere two hours after surgery.
"North, ever been to the seasonal court?" North shook his head.
"I have and trust me, mate, he may seem like nothing but he's high up. That fairy," Bunnymund gestured to a beautiful glasslike little girl fluttering around the kid's head. "Any fairies like that are only attached to the three highest ranks. The winter spirits aren't to be underestimated, North. If he thinks you're a threat when he wakes up, he'll kill ya." Bunnymund kept his vigil, watching as the outfit changed to something more regal and the kid furrowing his face. Something wasn't right. A winter sprite didn't sleep this deeply.
It had been three months since Pitch's defeat and the child was still asleep, only restful when Bunnymund was in the room. The screams of terror had caused confusion at first until Queen Toothania informed them that the Winter Palace had been attacked by rough spring spirits. Mother Nature had to step in as the King of Winter and most of the winter spirits were hibernating and it had been a massacre of the weaker winter spirits.
Jack's screams pierced the air sharper than the wind's howl. A blizzard was raging outside the workshop, threatening to consume it in its rage. Bunnymund nuzzled the kid's temple and started to pet his hair.
"Shhh... It'll be okay, Jackie. I promise." Bunnymund found himself soothing the spirit he was pretty sure Winter itself but he couldn't prove it. Not until North came staggering into the room, white as the snow outside.
"Ice demands Jack or world blizzard will start."
"Then we have ta give Jack back. He ain't ours ta keep, North." Bunnymund scooped the winter sprite up and headed to a cluster of yetis with weapons pointed at the scariest spirits Bunny had ever lain eyes upon. Two smaller, less threatening sprites flew over the giants and gently lifted the boy and his staff up. North's jaw hit the floor when a crown for a prince formed on Jack's head. It was June and the Guardians knew that the winter spirits would be hibernating until September. Still, North missed the boy he had taken care of for three months.
Jack's eyes cracked open for a moment, a message conveyed by the tired eyes. The scary spirits grunted and the littler ones placed him on a small bench that had formed instantly. The winter spirits disappeared and the blizzard outside stopped. A single snowflake floated down to land on North, not melting but shown blue with power. The same happened to Bunnymund, Sandy, and Tooth. It was a blessing and a form of protection but they didn't know that. The next three months went smoothly, Jack's wounds finally completely healed and the boy had his staff close to the bed he was set on.
As he opened his eyes, he was met by the stares of the Guardians. Jack sighed in exasperation.