My Opinion On Minecraft: Bedrock Edition

Uuuugghhh...

I considered doing this...

...then changed my mind...

...then saw an update video regarding the situation on YouTube again...

...and changed my mind again.

So I need to rant, all in all...and I apologize in advance for what's about to come.

For those who don't know, Minecraft has been owned by Microsoft for quite a few years now since Notch sold it to them.

And since then...Microsoft has been pretty good with keeping the promise they made of making sure the game stays exactly the way it was given to them.

Until this monstrosity arrived, that is.

Minecraft used to available for all console gamers, but according to my memory from what I have heard, Microsoft decided that it was difficult to send out updates for so many consoles at a time...therefore, they decided to make Bedrock Edition (bedrock being used to describe a solid, unnamed version of Minecraft, assumably) for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One (note: Bedrock Edition and Xbox One Edition are two entirely different things).

Already, there's a problem with that. It's only available for two gaming systems, thus forcing players to buy one of the two if they didn't have one already.

But then...then Microsoft contradicts their own statement, and resumes updating all the console editions...

...EXCEPT XBOX ONE AND SWITCH!!!!

Because apparently they wanted to push Bedrock Edition with those consoles...

Although, today Microsoft announced that they'd be cancelling updates for all Editions of Minecraft excluding Bedrock, which wouldn't be so bad...

...if Bedrock wasn't the definition of 100% pure bull crap.

Allow me to go over a few of the reasons why I think that.

Some make sense, and others may be things that annoy me personally.

Logical Reasons

1. Its a massive visual downgrade. Compared to console edition, Bedrock's colors are darker, the menus are confusing...and so on and so forth. It's a bit difficult to explain without an example.

2. Servers were meant to be fun, but it's hard to enjoy servers when they lag to the point where it's near impossible to play. This problem is due to the fact that it's clearly trying to be Pocket Edition, a version that's specifically designed for phones, despite running on Xbox...which most likely slows everything down due to having different functions processing on the wrong system. Also, whenever me or my friend that I play online with try to invite each other to a server...we always end up on a server that's different from the one we're on, meaning that we find ourselves on two separate servers despite one of us inviting each other to the same server in order to play together.

3. Micro transactions. I'm used to them in most mobile games, but in Minecraft? I can only see that as a ploy for Microsoft to get more money. The console editions did not make you spend money to get money (in game currency) in order to buy DLCs.

4. It was rushed in order to catch up with the Xbox One X Christmas launch, explaining the number of bugs.

5. 4J Studios had no say or control in the matter at all. They are being forced to ruin the game that they had once put so much time and effort into...just so Microsoft can make more money.

Reasons That Annoy Me Personally

1. It's advertised way more than the console editions were.

Yeah...so to sum up, I don't like it. But for those who do like it...keep having fun, I'm glad you can enjoy what I cannot.

Alright, rant over.