Chapter 16

Chloe's POV

"You should go talk to her." Aubrey says before taking a gulp of her beer.

The brunch turned into a big family BBQ as it was a really warm day and everyone seemed up for it so we thought 'why not?'. Aubrey and I had been idly standing beside a big tree which was giving us some shade.

"I don't know, Aubrey..." I say as I hesitantly glance up to see Beca helping mom and dad with the grill.

"Come on! You know she likes you too. She's gets all Heart Eyes when she looks at you." Aubrey says, rolling her eyes at me and I chuckle at her exaggeration.

"Oh and what about Jesse? You've been giving him 'Heart Eyes' and also 'Sex Eyes" which is quite disturbing." I say before pretending to gag.

"I'd love to talk about how he is in bed but you'll never speak to me again." Aubrey says with a grin and I just shudder at the thought of them doing things.

"Well, I could just tell you how good your cousin is in bed." I remark with a smirk as she gives me disgusted look.

"So, what will you say to Tom?" Aubrey asks with all seriousness.

"I don't know. I want to break up with him. He's been loyal to me for years and I just cheated on him. It's disgusting and I will always feel guilty about that but I don't feel it anymore. The spark we shared is gone." I confess before watching the commotion of little children running around us.

"Do you feel that spark with someone else, at the moment?" Aubrey asks with a smirk.

"Are you talking about Beca?"

"I didn't say it was her." She chuckles and winks at me and I just blush.

"Chloe?" I look up to see a hesitant Beca. I smile at her and she returns it just then a little kid runs into me with a cup of water and spills it all over me and runs away as I gasp.

I'm too shocked to process everything till I hear Beca and Aubrey laughing. I then look up to see everyone else chuckling. I feel my face heating up and look down.

"You're all wet." Beca says with a smirk and walks away.

"I'd say 'that's what she said' but I feel like you will kill me." Aubrey says chuckling.

"Beca told that kid to do this, right?" I ask as I see that little kid running to Beca who is handing her sweets. I glare at Beca and she just chuckles and winks at me.

"Probably." Aubrey giggles.

Beca's POV

After a few minutes, I looked around but couldn't find Chloe anywhere at the back. I actually felt really bad and wanted to apologise for doing that but her face was priceless.

"Becs," Aubrey runs up to my side and drags me to the backdoor "Chloe's been inside for a while now. She said she was going to change but hasn't come back. I would go but Erica asked for help with the drinks. So, could you please go check on her." Aubrey says slightly out of breath.

"Aubrey, it's only been like 5 minutes." I tell her glancing down my watch.

"Jesus, just go!" Aubrey says pushing me in and closing the door behind me. I roll my eyes at that then turn around to see a pair of jean shorts. Not just any, though. They're the ones Chloe just had on. What the fuck? I lift it up and walk out of the kitchen and into the foyer and see the top she just had on that got all wet. I frown at this while picking it up, feeling that it's still damp. I start walking to the stairs and see her shoes sprawled at the bottom and roll my eyes as I move them to one side and start climbing the steps. At the top I find a pair of socks and I chuckle at the cute bunnies on them. I pick them up too and start walking towards her room. On the way, I see a red laced bra and my eyes widen as I quickly grab that and look around to see if anyone was around. What is she doing? Is she naked?