6. Punishment is Due

"I can't get pregnant, can I?" I look up at him and he shakes his head, no. I immediately relax a little more, putting my head back on his chest.

"You shouldn't be here" he says again and puts a wet, stray hair behind my ear and I look up at him.

"Then why am I" I ask quietly as I sit up and bring my legs up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them while looking down at him.

"God is unfair" he says with a clenched jaw.

"What is your father like" I ask

"He gets a worse rep than is due. Everyone blames him for sin but he doesn't make people sin, they choose to sin and he punishes them for it" he says looking at me.

"Why haven't I seen him?" I ask and his jaw clenches.

"You won't see him" he says sternly.

"How old are you" I ask quietly, changing the subject

"My body stopped growing around my early 20's and after that point I don't know, not like it's easy to keep track down here" he says

"So..old" I say smiling

"Ancient" he says grinning then grabs my ankle and tugs me closer to him then leans forward and kisses me.

"Can you leave hell?" I ask more and more curious. I feel like probably too safe with him it should be concerning me more than it is.

"Yes, I can. It's a lot harder to get someone like you out though" he says and he runs his hand up and down my ankle and leg as he stares Down at it.

"Do you leave often?"

"Not recently" he looks up at me and smirks.

"Do you kill people?" I ask and immediately regret asking it but he doesn't seem to be upset.

"Not if I don't have to. Like I said I punish evil, if I killed everyone who made me mad I would become the evil"

"Aren't you" I ask and regret it again. Damn verbal diarrhea.

"The bible is a very bias book if you ask me" he says and gives me a small, quick smile.

x.X.x

I wake up and it takes me a moment to realize where I am. I'm in Levi's bed and his arm is around my waist pulling me into him. We must have fell asleep talking. I slide out of his grasp and put on my dress from off the floor. I'm immediately cold when I'm out of his grasp. I walk across the large cave and look out the big opening out to hell.

In the distance there is a huge fire, the biggest I've ever seen and it's coming up from a pit. That must be THE pit. When I hold my breath and really try to be silent I can hear the faint screams in the distance. A shiver goes down my spine.

I turn to walk back to the bed and I suddenly feel a hand wrap around my mouth and pull me back into it. I try to scream and pull off the hand but it turns and flys out of the cave, I can just see Levi still sleeping in the bed as I try to scream to him.

Once we are a far distance away the creature lands and I turn to it and it's Argamon.

"What do you want" I scream as I back away

"Punishment is due" he says and walks towards me and grabs my wrist and starts dragging me towards.. the PIT?!

"No stop! Levi said to leave me alone" I scream

"Lucifer has been watching Levi. I have direct orders to get rid of his distractions" he drags me closer so we are about half a football field away.