16. Dealmaker

"Ok so you came back from the dead and he's the devils Son but why are you with him" he ask sitting up and looking at me.

    "Levi saved me"

"Why" he ask immediately, looking back and forth between Levi and me for answers.

  "I love him Christopher" I say finally.

"So What Your fucking the devils Son, of course you went to hell" he say looking at me with disappointment. Just then Levi steps forward and grabs his collar and punches him right in the face and Chris fell over right in front of me, spitting out blood.

  "Levi" I scream as I look at him in shock. "Heal him" I say looking at him as I help Chris up.

  "I don't have to do shit for him" Levi says as he says walks around the corner into the kitchen.

   "He's so violent, does he hit you" Chris says looking at me while wiping blood onto his shirt.

  "No! Never" I say quickly. "He would never hurt me" I say helping Chris up and moving him to the couch.

  Levi walks out of the kitchen with a beer and leans against the doorway and watches us.

   "I don't like your boyfriend" Chris says glaring at Levi.

   "Fiancé" Levi immediately corrects him and takes a sip of beer. I shoot him a look.

    "Fiancé! Your not marrying him he's the devils son, what is he forcing you" Chris says looking at me angrily.

    "I'm marrying him because I love him Chris I don't expect you to approve but it's ok" I say then shoot another look back at Levi. Why would he bring that up.

   "Chris your not supposed to know I'm here and it goes against the rules but I had to warn you that it's all real. You can't tell anyone I'm alive though and you definitely can't tell anyone about what I'm telling you" I say looking at him really hoping he will listen to me.

   "Did you see dad in hell" he looks at me with sadness in his eyes

  "No" I say looking down. "Levi saw him" I look over at Levi and he clenches his jaw and looks down.

  "How is Grandma" I ask Looking up at Chris.

  "She's good. She's actually really good. Her Alzheimer's is gone it's a medical miracle. She remembers all of us" he says and I can feel a tear build up in my eyes. I look over at Levi and he gives me a small quick smile.

  "It's a miracle" I say as I hug Chris.

We ended up leaving shortly after but Levi had to compel Chris not to tell anyone about what happened today. We went back to the hotel and ordered in food and watched a movie in bed. 

   The next day we got on another plane and flew back to Los Angels and went back to the pent house and I made supper and we ate in but Levi said he had errand to run so I took a bath while he left.

    LEVI POV

     I left shortly after supper and walked up the stairwell to the roof.

   "Alright. You can send me one of your minions now" I shout out hoping god will hear me as I walk out into the opening in the middle of the roof.

  Moments later I see something coming from the sky and it lands full force in front of me. The angel stands in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest.

   "Ready to return to hell are we?" He says grinning.

  "Not quite"

"What do you want" he says getting impatient.

"I want to make a deal" I start.

"I want to give you Charlotte and you will take her to heaven where she should've gone from the start and in exchange I will return to hell and never come back" I say stepping closer to him.

  "You knew the moment you brought her to her brother she would never have a chance. I commend you for trying though" he says grinning.

   "Thought that would be a stretch so I came up with a second and final proposition" I say looking down then back up to him. " I want God to leave her alone from now until she dies a natural death and in exchange for her safety when she dies I will expose hells portal to the real world so you can destroy it and I will return to hell" I say confidently. I need him to accept. It's the only way.

  "That's not good enough" the angel says looking away to the sun set then back to me. "God wants your death in return for her life"

  "What?" I ask confused

"When she dies she will have been granted her second life and as payment for her life he requires a death. You are a creature not made in the eyes of God, You shouldn't have ever existed. If he grants her a threat free life he wants your death in return" he says grinning.

  Her life for mine... I have no choice, there is no other choice... I have to accept. I will protect her tell her dying breath then I will go as-well. I don't see a life worth living without her at this point anyways.

   "When she dies she will go no where but I should also mention that when you die your soul will go to hell. You will pay for your millions of years of sins Leviathan" he says then holds out his hand for me to shake in agreement.

    I have to do this for her. After a moment I reach out and take his hand and accept. I made a deal with god.

  "God never makes mistakes, Levi. Remember that" he says and a moment later he flies away and I'm left alone on the roof staring at the sunset. This is the first time I've ever even considered the idea that Charolette could've been sent to hell by god for this purpose, to get rid of me. I wouldn't put it past that bastard. I soon walk back to the door and climb down the stairs to my level and go back to the room.

  When I walk in I don't see Charolette so I walk up to the room and I hear her in the washroom. I walk In and she is singing along to a song playing on the radio as she lays in the bathtub. I walk in and stare down at her in the tub and she looks up at me.

   "Did you finish your little errand" she says leaning up against the side of the tub looking up at me.

  "Yes" I say then look In the mirror.

  "Come in" She says reaching up and tugging at my pant pocket.

   I look down at her in the tub then I start to remove my belt and unbutton my shirt.

   "Do you want to talk about your little errand" she says laying back into the tub exposing herself for me.

   "No" I say as I pull off my shirt and she stares as I start to remove my pants and shoes.

   I can't tell her, she would only worry about it. I can never tell her. If she ever asks I will just let her think that I'm going back to hell when she dies and that she will go to heaven. I would be lying but I can't burden her with this, I love her to much.

   I remove my last bit of clothes then step into the tub and sit down, pulling he into my chest and kissing her neck as she reaches up and runs her hands through my hair.

  "I love you" I whisper into her neck.