Prologue and Copyright

This is a new story I've been thinking about, and it'll be my first so I need all the critique I can get. Also I'll probably edit this prologue before I start publishing.  This is dedicated to thelilmermaid248 because her story "Unmasking Obsidian Light" really inspired me to write a superhero story of my own.

-Nicki :)

Prologue/Synopsis

SkyRaider and Twistair. Two of Willow Hills' best superheros, along with others like Physces, Silver Bullet, and Aquarius. But that was only their alter-egos; in society they were the rich, beautiful, and successful Royce and Nancy Hardgens, the owners of lots of expensive restaurants around the world. No one knew that they were Raider and Twist, not even the other superheroes in the Hills. And as their generation of heroes was now getting older, new heroes began to emerge, along with new villains.

SkyRaider and Twistair are my parents, meaning I grew up with a lot of money and a pre-acquired social status. As soon as I got my powers at the age of four, my parents began to train me to use them correctly. My powers were almost unique; other supers had had powers like mine before, but not quite as precise. I could create fire, water, and air and make them do whatever I wanted.

When I turned seventeen, I decided that I was ready to capture villains and keep the Hills safe. My parents gave me the opportunity to design a special suit that was personalized for my powers: it was leather and tight, dark green in color, almost black, with black edges and cutouts that showed parts of my midsection.

Soon after my suit was created, I dyed a noticeably bright emerald-green streak in my black hair. The streak became my signature, and in order to keep my identity a secret I wore my hair tied up or in a braid everyday. My identity was one of the things I valued most; I didn't want anyone to be able to use it against me. I soon met the other young supers, but did not want to know their alter-egos, nor did I tell them mine. I preferred to work alone.

 It' been three years since I began hunting villains in the Hills; and even though I kept a social life during the day as Layla Hardgens, no one, not even my closest friends, had found out who I became at night: the hero with the green streak, Fallon.

COPYRIGHT: This story, ‘Catching the Hero’, including all chapters, prologues/epilogues and associated chapters (i.e. fanfics, teasers and contents within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Design and Patent Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (N Petit) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright law. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Punishment includes but is not limited to: A fine up to $150,000 for each work infringement. Infringer pays for all attorney’s fees and court costs. The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringement acts. The court can compound the illegal works.  Infringer can go to jail.