Chapter Two "The Local Pool"

They Don't Know About The Things We Do
Chapter Two
"The Local Pool"

      "Let's go to the local pool!" Mike suggested to the party, and everyone nodded in agreement with smiles

      "Let's go to the local pool!" Mike suggested to the party, and everyone nodded in agreement with smiles. "Okay, so everyone can go home and get ready and we'll meet there in an hour?" Everyone agreed to that, too.

      Will and Dustin rode off their way. Lucas and Mike, with Eleven on the back of his bike, went the other.

      Max went her own way, a certain someone not being able to leave her mind. She could only think of what happened just yesterday. Eleven had called her pretty. The thought of her smile, her eyes, it never left her mind as she rode home.

Max opened her front door and stepped in her house, hoping Billy wasn't home. She looked around, but no one seemed to be there. She walked upstairs to her room and grabbed a duffel bag. She put her bathing suit and an extra pair of clothes in. Quickly, she slung it over her shoulder and rushed out of her room. As she headed for the front door, she heard a voice.

"Where are you off to, honey?" It was her mom.

"Just to the pool with some friends."

"Okay. Be careful. I love you."

"I love you too, mom." Max replied, and hurried out of the door and onto her bike.

Dustin and Lucas arrived together. They sat on a chair near the pool and talked about memories.

Max arrived next, then Will, then Eleven and Mike.

Max watched as Eleven and Mike walked over to the group, their fingers intertwined. This made something powerful go through Max's mind and heart. She knew it was something she shouldn't be feeling, but she couldn't help it. Seeing them hurt her so bad, but she didn't know why. Will set his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him. It looked like he felt the same.

"Wanna talk?" He whispered. "Away from everyone?"

Max only nodded.

Will and Max sat far away from the others on the other side of the pool. They watched Mike helping Eleven into the pool.

"So you like Mike, huh?" Will asked, sounding mildly disappointed.

Max looked up at Will quickly, almost in shock. "Mike? What? No!"

"Oh... Then I'm confused. I saw they way you were looking at him, and I just thought..."

"I certainly don't like Mike." Max said. "Do you like Eleven? I mean, I saw the way you were looking at her!"

Will slowly shook his head. "Oh... you like... you like Eleven?"

Max looked down and nodded. "Yeah, I guess. I like Eleven." Then she looked up in realization. "That means... you like Mike?"

Will nodded, his cheeks getting red.

Max suddenly grabbed onto Will and wrapped him tightly in a hug. They sat like that for a while. Just smiling, hugging each other. It felt good.

It felt good.