Crumble

His life was slowly inching towards the inevitable,

he may have even knew it himself.

------------------------------------------------------

It was the day of the practical exams.

And his partner was Bakugou.

Forget facing the exams, Midoriya wasn't even sure if he could even face Bakugou after what had happened that day.

He could feel Bakugou's dark aura around him, as he turned to give Midoriya the usual murderous glare, that day's conversation seemingly forgotten, like their shared past.

Midoriya started towards him, having to pass the exam took priority, if it meant swallowing his pride and nervousness to talk to him again.

"Kac..." He started.

Bakugou growled and turned away. Leaving even before he could finish.

"..chan..'

His chest contracted as his heart ached.

He was alone.

He found himself alone with Recovery girl in the observation room, since he and Bakugou's battle was the last, and that Bakugou wasn't willing to discuss strategies with him. He would just dedicate this time to observing his classmates.

Slowly, as the hours passed, more classmates entered the room, some excited about the exams, and some battered ones whose exams have ended miserably.

Midoriya felt more and more conflicted as his battle neared, his heart was a tangle of emotions, strangling the life out of him. He knew Bakugou would insist on fighting All Might, whereas he, would prefer on running. He couldn't even talk to Bakugou without crying, how was he going to able to cooperate with him.

"Midoriya!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"It's your turn!"

"Goodluck! You can do it!"

Midoriya wanted nothing more than to vanish. He could only manage a weak smile as he walked towards the battlefield.

Arriving at the gate, he saw Bakugou's lithe and slender body there.

He has to really stop noticing his body like that.

He was not good enough to be by his side, he never was.

Midoriya stood beside him, but he kept his distance, and was slightly behind him. As they entered, the gates closed eerily. Trapping them inside. They walked in silence, with Bakugou in front.

Keeping his head low, Midoriya stuttered.

"Kacchan... I think we should just try to keep a low profile and get to the gate without having to fight All Might.'

"Deku"

Midoriya looked up to meet his fiery red eyes glowering at him.

"Don't get in my way, fucking nerd."

Midoriya sighed. What could he expect, but still, passing the exams took priority.

"But fighting All Might is impossible.." he continued, hoping somehow Bakugou would listen.

"Like I said, I'm going to fight All Might, and I'm going to crush him, so fuck off!"

"But its impossible t-"

"JUST SHUT UP NERD" he yelled, hands making explosions.

"STOP YELLING, THAT'S WHY WE CAN NEVER HAVE A PROPER CONVERSATION."

Midoriya didn't know what happened, but he was overwhelmed with anger at his stubbornness.

Bakugou looked like he was going to combust. And he was pretty sure he would have blown him away before All Might did.

Strong gusts of wind whipped through the mock city, destroying the city, and paving a straight line to All Might.

Midoriya was frozen with fear as he tried not to get blown away.

Bakugou smirked.

One moment he was beside Midoriya, next moment he was speeding towards All Might, while Midoriya held back, desperate for an escape route.

All Might's eyes glistened, as he gripped Bakugou's arm, trapping him, Bakugou, instead of struggling out, set off explosions in his face. Temporarily blinding him.

This was their chance to bail for the exit, Midoriya sprang forward, just as Bakugou leapt back, crashing into each other.

"Shitty nerd, DON'T GET IN MY W-"

A hard punch was dealt to Bakugou's stomach, a mixture of blood and puke escaped his mouth, and left him on the ground.

"KACCHA-" Midoriya yelled, running towards him, before sharp metal pinned him down, as All Might pressed a metal gate into his body, binding him to the floor.

"This is for the one that wants to run away."

He elbowed the incoming Bakugou, as he let off bursts of fire. As he once again tumbled to the floor, growling.

"This is for the one that wants to fight."

They were going to fail at this rate. Midoriya looked in despair as All Might was about to hurl another punch at Bakugou.

Don't hurt Kacchan

"I'm not going to work with that fucking nerd,

I'd rather lose"

Midoriya's eyes opened, he wasn't exactly sad, he was angry.

This wasn't the Bakugou he knew.

Activating one for all, he tore himself free, and pounced towards Bakugou, dealing a punch to his face. Before picking him up and springing away.

"Oi, put me down."

Bakugou smacked him as they hid on an alley.

"Defeating him is impossible, Kacchan,"

A hand reached for his face, as Bakugou crushed the wall beside him. His face close to Midoriya's.

Midoriya felt a slow blush creeping up his cheek, as Bakugou's husky breath tickled his ear.

"I know that, shitty nerd."

"But still, at least try using me first!"

Bakugou's eyes narrowed,

"You always win, that's what makes you you, Kacchan never loses, so why are you giving up without trying?!"

His eyes were conflicted, he could see an inner storm inside those eyes.

"We wouldn't be able to beat him with shitty moves, I've tried just now already."

"Then here's what I think we should do..."

A/N: Husky breath tickling ear is best, this is pretty much the canon stuff only with a bit of change here and there, please bear with me for awhile, as much as I dislike reiterating canon stories, it is needed.
I have revived from my mountain of work, see you next two weeks or so
* dives back into papers *

Thank you for reading Forget-me-not !