Decision

It may be easy for a flower to wither

but it takes forever to forget it.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Midoriya sat at a playground, hands firmly
grabbing the chains of the swing as he mulled over his rash decision.

It was his first time skipping school. He didn't know how to feel over that. Letting out a huge groan of frustration, he swung his leg, kicking the sand furiously.

Burying his head into his hands, he tried controlling the mess that was his emotions.

Now that it's come to this state, following his feelings was a laughable decision, thinking that he should die with these faded memories in his brain.

What a ridiculous decision.

That was on his part. He let his heart speak for himself, his feelings take control of himself. But then again, when has he hasn't?

Gripping the chains tighter, watching small flakes of rust fall crumble from the swing. He fought the urge to wreck the playground.  A small part of him actually understanding Bakugou's aggressive tendencies to pummel inanimate objects for once.

Ah, Bakugou. That blonde he'd stupidly fallen for. Unsurprisingly, romance was something he's a complete dimwit about, but it would be hypocritical for him to say that when he had been padding after him since he was a child. 

They say when you love someone, you tend to forget their faults, to brush aside their flaws, and only see the good in the bad.

It was like a scale, if you tip it on one side, could you actually call it love?

Bakugou to him was full of traits he loved and admired, albeit his unfriendly personality, which he'd had also come to accept as what actually defined him as a person. 

But what he simply couldn't stand was that he just admitted he liked him back, and then broke his heart a day after.

God he pisses me off.

He sat there moodily, his frustration gnawing rapidly into his heart and his brain. He had been thinking for so long, was it actually worth it? How did he convince himself he could win against logic. For once in his life, he felt truly ridiculed by himself.

He gives up. There was no way out of this.

Grabbing his bag, he slung it over his shoulder as he left the playground.

If he was going to go, he might as well break it off cleanly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already late afternoon when he made it to UA.

Checking the time, they would probably be having homeroom at the moment.

Walking to the classroom, he felt like every step was draining his energy, but he knew running away would only make things worse.

It brought back memories from his middle school, now when he stepped into the corridors everyone turned to look at him. The people that once treated him like air suddenly stopped to look, or pass a remark. Some even laugh, the entire place was filled with hushes and snide remarks, a couple of snickers, some jeering. He was branded once again.

Once as the boy without a quirk, now as the boy with the syndrome.

"Look its the boy with that curse."

"Oh really? God he looks awful."

"What a shame someone like him is here."

"We're supposed to prioritize being heroes, we don't have time for trivial things like love."

He should just die already.

He slammed open the door to the classroom, with more force than expected. Maybe he was letting the comments get into his head. 

But no matter how much he tried drowning them out. 

He was just a normal human.

Of course he would get tired.

He saw everyone's faces, most of them wore a look of pure astonishment, probably because he slammed the door, or maybe because he showed up to school at such an odd time. He doesn't care enough to find out.

Walking up to Aizawa, who stood there completely not amused, Midoriya opened his mouth, finally bringing himself to say something he had put off for so long.

I was blinded by love. There was no such thing as a happy ending in this scenario.

"Aizawa-sensei, I'm doing the operation."

There was silence, as he gazed at Aizawa, patiently waiting for his response. He sighed, one hand clasping his forehead with helplessness.

"You could have just called me out privately and told me this, there was no need to disrupt an entire class."

His words were cut glass, but Midoriya knew he did not actually mean it, he knew it through his eyes. They were the gateways to the soul, and right now, Aizawa's eyes held sadness.

"It's okay," 

He turned to look at the class, some were still fixated with shock, his close circle looked like they were going to cry.

And, the boy whose red eyes softly glowed as he took in the situation.

Midoriya took one last glance at everyone, imprinting their faces into his brain. It would be painful to part with them for who knows how long, he'll miss them, the people that actually matter.

He walked to the class board, gently ripping off the petal clearing duty sheet.

Crumpling it, he threw the sheet into the bin.

Turning around, he threw Bakugou a look full of contempt as he smiled ruefully. 

"I wanted everyone to know."

A/N: Thank you for waiting, over the span of these two months of me vanishing, I've received so much love for this book, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't died. I've just finished my yearly examinations, hopefully I would have more time for this book now! Thank you for reading Forget-me-not!! We're reaching the end soon :)