Pluck

There in the field,
Blossomed the beautiful flowers,
The Forget me Nots.

———————————————————————————————

The hospital felt different from the usual Tokyo hospitals Midoriya had visited. The whitewashed walls which only seemed to glare back at him were replaced with wood. And the sickly scent of antiseptic was replaced with plum infused fragrance.
In place of the pale green hospital gowns were dark blue robes which reminded him somewhat of yukatas.

Sitting in the changing room; he stared at himself. Midoriya took in his features, his gaunt eyes, with eyebags that looked like they weigh tons. His messy hair, tousled and all over the place. It was a perfect reflection of his heart. A mess.

Fiddling with his robe;; he recalled all the times he had spent with Bakugou. From their memories under the great oak tree, to their reunion at UA, their relationship wasn't meant to be. And these memories up till now have only brought more pain than happiness. But still, a part of him didn't want to forget, and that even with things in such a dire state. A part of him just wanted to accept it and wither away with these memories.

I miss you.

Those three words keep spiraling inside my mind, and it's driving me crazy.

I don't want to go

I don't want to forget

Why am I alive

Why me

Why

Slamming the door of the changing room open, he inwardly hissed. It's always 'Why'. Thinking anymore now doesn't help. Returning to the pre-operation room, he lied down.

"Are you all done and changed?" the doctor asked, to which Midoriya nodded.

"We'll wheel you into the operating theatre now. Have you settled everything you needed to settle?"

Midoriya opened his mouth; about to answer, when his mouth froze, the familiar constricting feeling welled up in him again. And a flurry of petals whooshed out of his mouth as he bent over and hacked. The petals didn't stop for a solid minute. As if they knew they were going to be removed, and were there to torture him one last time. As if they were saying,

You're going to regret this.

Midoriya sat up and bent over, coughing and gasping for air. The petals were slowing down, and the pain was slowly subsiding. But the pain in his heart was still there, for he was reminded of all his memories once again. And how they're all going to be gone in the next hour.

He hunched over, burying his face into his hands; as he inhaled the smell of the dandelions, laced with a tinge of blood, he tried to stop his tears.

He did, he had so many regrets.

"Please wheel me in."

————————————————————————————————————

He lied on the bed; petals all cleared up, as the nurses wheeled him to the operating theatre. Entering the doors that led to the operating theatre, he inhaled the scent of the antiseptic.

The operating theatre was the only part that looked familiar, with bright lights and white walls, with trays of equipment. And a bunch of doctors and surgeons busting themselves preparing for the surgery.

This was it

He felt their gazes on him.

"Another one with the Hana syndrome?"

"Poor thing, he'll be free soon."

"Hello," , Midoriya's eyes darted to the side, where the surgeon in charge was, her eyes were gentle, and her voice was soothing, as if talking to a frightened, cornered animal.

"Are you ready for the surgery?" She asked. And Midoriya couldn't help but wonder, why did they like to ask this question. Of course he was never ready.

"Of course you wouldn't be."

He was intrigued, it was the first doctor to tell him that.

"After all, it isn't the body that you're mulling about, its the heart."

She swabbed his palm with antiseptic, Midoriya felt a prick as she attached a tube to his vein.

"And matters of the heart cant just be solved by going under the knife."

Midoriya stared at the bright light dangling right on top of him, feeling a sense of numbness spread through his hand. As he took in her words.

He couldn't see her face anymore, as his vision blurred, he felt the tears welling up. As he shed his final tears, he heard her voice, gentle and warm. And for a moment, it reminded him of Bakugou.

"Don't cry Deku! I don't like it when you cry!"

"I'll become a hero to make Deku happy! I promise!"

She pumped in the anesthesia. Midoriya's eyes slowly closed, and he drifted off into darkness. 

"But you'll pull through, I'm sure of it. It'll be painful, but you can do it."

Authors note;
22 April 2020, it's been a solid year ? O wait the last update/edit was 12 June 2019- I deleted wattpad end me, nevertheless I'm back with another chapter! We're at the end already, expect the last chapter in the far future of 2022! Haha jk!... unless?

Nevertheless thank you for reading Forget me not, and fractured too! I came back to see my books still being read, and it brings me a sense of warmth to see that people are still reading my chicken scratches. Thank you!

Please stay safe during this time now! Wash your hands and stay home!