Shrivel

Don't you wonder.
Why most talented people die earlier?

The answer's simple.
Think about it.
In a garden, what kind of flowers would you pick?

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Midoriya gazed at the toilet bowl in pure defeat, the scent of dandelions wafted around his nose, as if mocking him. As countless petals floated about in the water, along with some strewn on the floor due to his constant hacking. Gripping the sides, his lungs clenched again, bringing upon him that familiar sensation of pain.

His body convulsed, and a swish of petals came raining out of his mouth, as he filled the bowl up with yellow. Eyes cloudy, body weak, and a mind full of thoughts about a blonde.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Harsh light shone on Midoriya's face, causing him to squint his eyes in mild annoyance. Heaving his backpack, which seemed to grow heavier and heavier by the passing minute, as he walked to school. A day had passed, and honestly, he was still having a difficult time processing what had happened.

I never knew Kacchan thought of me in that way. After all, I never recalled him showing any affection to me after that incident.

The warm humid air hung around his body like a cloak, pressing him down, as beads of sweat tricked down his head.

"Hey, nerd."

Warm hands ruffled his hair as Midoriya looked up, startled by the sudden physical contact, before relaxing upon seeing Bakugou  in front of him.

He was about to ask him why was he here, before remembering that they lived in the same neighborhood. Scratching his head whilst mentally cursing himself, Midoriya exhaled, before smiling.

"Good morning, Kacchan."

Bakugou stood in front of him, mouth tilted down in his usual frown, but his eyes said otherwise, as he gestured Midoriya to walk beside him.

"Let's go to school."

Walking along the familiar asphalt of their neighborhood, apart from the occasional whirl of a car, everything was quiet, peaceful. Walking under trees, Midoriya relished the brief coolness. Taking advantage of the temporary shade, he glanced up at the sky, azure blue, puffy magnolia white clouds, fresh morning dew. Specks of pink danced around his eyes as flower petals fall to the floor, it was the peak of spring after all.

"Hey."

The sudden voice disrupted his thoughts, and Midoriya realized he was walking ahead, at the brink of leaving the shade of the tree. And somehow, Midoriya couldn't shake off the gnawing feeling of dread.

"How are the petals?"

Bakugou stood at the base of the tree, under the dim shade, his eyes glowed pure red. As he took in Midoriya's battered state.

Was it that obvious?

As if sensing his internal conflict, the blonde gestured Midoriya over, arms stretched towards him. Many emotions welled up in Midoriya as he noticed his facial features, how the shade obscured his face, but not enough to hide the dark eye bags which hung on his crimson eyes.

And how his slight smile seem strained and held worlds of pain.

It was surprising how people only start to notice each others' cracks because of love, and it certainly didn't take Midoriya long to realize that Bakugou was trying to stay strong for him.

What did I do to deserve him?

His legs carried him, as he ran into Bakugou's embrace, jumping and burying his face in his chest, as tears gushed out of his eyes. Bakugou let out a sigh,

"You've really got to stop crying, Deku."

Lifting his chin, he planted a feather kiss on Midoriya's forehead, just like how he did many years ago, under the great oak tree.

Midoriya jolted, and immediately pulled back, tear stained eyes filled with sorrow as he gazed blearily at Bakugou.

"Kacchan... I don't know what to do anymore."

What should I do?

Forget him?

Carry these feelings to my deathbed?

There's so much I want to say, yet nothing comes out.

My words hold nothing but emotional pain, and all it does is hurt the people around me, it troubles me so much, but I'd rather break myself than to inflict pain on you.

"Deku, look at me."

Warm hands grabbed his shoulders roughly, Midoriya flinched, but didn't break away. As Bakugou shook him gently, and for a moment, raw sadness flashed through his eyes.

"You want to be a hero right? Wasn't that what you've been fucking pining for since 5?"

Midoriya nodded, tears flowing like beads broken from a necklace.

Bakugou's grip got tighter, as Midoriya gazed into those glazed eyes. Anguish crashed into him like a wave, gutting him, as he braced for Bakugou's upcoming words.

"Then forget me."

Bakugou gave him shoulders one final squeeze before letting go, as he turned away and stepped out of the shade, back into the light.

Midoriya knew, that that was what he should do, undergo the surgery, he wanted to live after all. But still.

"You're cruel, Kacchan."

Rubbing his eyes, Midoriya turned toward the direction of his house. Walking away from the explosive blonde, he didn't want to look back, he didn't want to see if Bakugou bothered chasing him or not.

But no matter how hard he tried, the tears kept falling.

If you were going to say this the day after you confess.

Then why bother?

Forget-me-notजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें