Chapter III

Chapter 3

Your eyes widen a bit at the sight of the bloodied arena at the aftermath of the bloody battle on the Cornucopia. The rush, the excitement and the adrenaline? You feel them all the moment you plopped down on the couch and pressed play on the remote. And after watching that scene, just the sight of a certain blonde antagonist of the movie made you squeal like a fangirl.

“Yeobo, you’re drooling.”

“Hush.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and leaned his head on yours, his arm draped on your shoulder. He knows he’s got no power when you’re having a Hunger Games marathon. And even though you’ve watched this movie a dozen times, you still can’t get over upon how awesome the movie is. (Take note: You also bought the trilogy book over the summer)

“Come on.” You heard Kyungsoo coo beside you. “Say ah.” You did what he told you to, opening your mouth absentmindedly as your eyes were trained on the antagonist, Cato, as he walks with the Careers, oblivious that Katniss is watching him from the tree. Your eyes immediately widen when you began to chew, your lips twitching into a smile.

“Aren’t you romantic tonight?”

Kyungsoo hums, grabbing another strawberry on the bowl and dips it on another bowl of melted chocolate. “It’s the least I could do considering that Italian restaurant we’re about to go to is packed.” He motions for you to open your mouth once again, which you did, but you only bit half so he ate the remaining one. “And honestly, a take out from McDonalds is really not in my plan for tonight’s date.”

You giggled, tearing your eyes from the TV to touch the tip of your husband’s nose. “Still romantic.”

Kyungsoo scoffs a laugh and kisses your cheek. “Can’t believe I married a weirdo.” He murmurs against your cheek.

“I should also say the same thing to you. I mean, what kind of a person wears their socks on their hands?!” You suddenly squeaked, laughing out loud when Kyungsoo playfully bites your side, who was growling playfully as you writhe in his arms.

“I was dead tired, okay?” He laughed. “Those were the times that I didn’t get much sleep because Kyungsan’s been crying ‘till morning.”

You pushed his head away from you, eyes wide in mock surprise. “So if I’m weird and you’re weirder.” You fake gasped, ignoring the sound of protest from your husband. “My poor little baby!” You giggled when you saw Kyungsoo playfully roll his eyes at you. “Kyungsan will inherit our weirdness.”

“Uh-huh.” You Kyungsoo grabbed you by the wrists and pulled you over him until you were landing on top of his chest, while his back against the soft couch. Both of you were laughing until it melted into an occasional chuckle before letting out a sigh, with you snuggling on your husband’s warm chest.

After watching for almost half of the movie, you suddenly stood up from your position, making Kyungsoo furrow his brows in confusion. “You tired, baby?” He asked.