I

"When I met you.. all the stars collided, flowers started growing in my darkest places and I had no idea you'd end up meaning so much to me.."

Today, at August 21st, it's my 18th birthday and I wanted to publish this story at this particular day as my present to you guys! I hope you guys like this.

Ryan Allen

Today was another boring day of school like nowadays. I was happily walking towards my locker, excited to meet up with my best friend Matthew in a couple of minutes.

Somehow I had this feeling inside of me that everything would be different today, I didn't know what it was, but something was off and I have had this feeling through the entire day.

I was just waiting for it to happen.

Once I reached my locker I let out a long and tiring sigh. My maths book laid on the highest shelf of my locker and let me say that my height wasn't exactly in my favor at this point.

Which dumbass even put the book up there?

Oh right.. That was me..

Oops..

"Oh" jump "come" jump "here!" jump "you stupid" jump "book!" jump.

"Fine you win you stupid book!" I glared at the book.

Okay I officially gave up, I couldn't reach it at all. I pouted hopelessly towards my locker as I panted from jumping so much.

"Here, let me help you" I heard someone laugh from besides me as his muscled arm grabbed the book.

A beautiful clear laugh.

My eyes met the boy who had brown messy hair which perfectly fell in front of his forehead and he had those shiny blue eyes. He wore a dark blue shirt which made his eyes come out much brighter, a black leather jacket that gave him a 'badass' vibe and a black jeans.

From looking deep into his irises I could feel the pleasurable goosebumps rolling over my spine and I suddenly forgot how to breath again, my throat went all dry and my hands became all shaky.

Our surroundings faded away in the background as well as any sounds. My attention focused itself on the unknown yet familiar boy in front of me.

What's happening to me?

I kept staring at his interesting capturing features as I took him in.

Oh man, he must think I'm a fool right now after seeing me jump like that.

"Hello? Are you okay?" He asked as he took me back to reality with his soft soothing voice.

"Oh yeah sorry! Thanks for grabbing my book.." I started to blush, even though I didn't exactly know why.

He made me shy.

"It's okay, I'm here to bring you some good luck" He laughed soft and pushed the book in my hands. "The stupid book didn't win this time"

Why was his laugh so addictive? I wanted to hear more of his laugh.

"Yeah.. We won" I blushed more, looking towards the ground in shyness.

"How.. how come I have never seen someone like you before? You're.. cute.." He said.

"I'm.. w-what?" I instantly looked up in shock.

Did I hear that right?

"Oh I mean, not cute as in cute! Not that you're not cute! I mean you are cute, but- oh you get what I mean right?" He slightly panicked in that moment.

"Calm down silly, I'm just messing with you!" I giggled soft and shook my head, trying to ease him.

"Oh yes, right, yeah, I totally knew that!" He smiled a bit. "I'm Jack" He introduced himself as he held his hand out in front of me.

Also a familiar name.. Why did I feel like I knew him already? There was something about him; but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Ryan" I smiled wide whilst taking his hand friendly.

The touch of our fingers send tingles over my entire body as my heart suddenly started to beat faster and faster. I could swear that my hand was burning in an actually very good way.

I looked back into his twinkling eyes, they reminded me of the clear blue skies with a couple clouds here and there. I almost got hypnotized by them.

"Nice to meet you Ryan, cute name for a cute boy, I'll see you around sometime?" He winked at me before walking past me.

When he was gone I felt like I could finally breath and relax again, leaving me confused and breathless about this whole situation. I didn't know what it was, he was just making me feel weird; different.

And I didn't know if I liked it.

"Hey Ry!" My best friend Matthew caught up with me right after that.

Matthew and I have been best friends ever since my former best friend Rain died. Matt was his boyfriend and Rain asked me to take care of him, knowing he'd be having a hard time especially since he's bipolar.

That's what I did, I took care of him and somehow Matt filled a void and emptiness inside of me too. He would never replace Rain of course, but he was the best friend that I could ask for ever since Rain died.

I had someone to come to when I didn't feel okay or when I wanted to hang out; tell important yet nonsense stories about my life.

"Hey Matty, you seem very happy today" I smiled wide at him and hugged my best friend tight.

He's probably happy because of Justin. They weren't a thing yet, but I knew they were meant for each other. I could feel it.

There was something 'there' between them. Something that not many people had;

A connection.

"Ry, what is it? You look like something happened, tell me?" He asked me right away, ignoring what I just said.

"Oh.. Nothing special.. I just got a bit of good luck" I casually shrugged it off and walked with him towards our next class.

Only a little bit of luck, can change your whole life.