[2]

The next day, Jimin returns full of hope, instantly looking at the counter which was packed with customers(as usual). He curses his short height before moving towards the cashier.

And he saw her.

As bright as day, in all her glory. His heart skipped a beat the second he eyes the girl in front of him. She'd gotten much taller, and of course, much prettier. Above all, she was different.

Her hairstyle was still the same, she looked the same, only somewhat more gorgeous than ever, but she was different; she wasn't the girl he met years back.

"Good day sir, how may I help you today?"

"Oh it's fine, I'm just looking at the desserts." Jimin smiles at the assistant briefly, already going towards where she is, still attending to a customer.

He admired how delicate her fingers are, he loves how she bats her eyes, sliding the dessert out of the panel slowly to serve the customer.

Hell, if Jimin doesn't believe in love at first sight, he definitely believes in it now. This isn't what he's supposed to feel, he's supposed to be delighted over having found an old friend- but instead, he's being thrown out of this world, shocked at the very same face he used to live with for a year.

Noticing he's being too much of a creep standing in line just to see the owner's beauty, he decides to just buy one dessert, sit down at a place where he could observe her without being noticed for awhile and leave.

So he looks at the cakes being arranged neatly, reading every description and name carefully, each one bringing him back to some painful and yet the happiest memories he kept with him till this day.

Then there's one particular dessert. It brings him into complete shock and confusion at its name.

"So... have you chosen your pick yet?" A sweet voice asked, and before he knows it, he's looking directly in the eye of Moon. How brown they were...

Instinctively gulping down a thick wad of saliva, he sheepishly rubs his nape and grins.

"Just wanted to ask, why is the cake's name Chim?"

Seeing her head tilt to one side, it was obvious the question was slightly sudden and Jimin feels utterly embarrassed over this.

"S-sorry if that question was too sudden, y-you don't need to a-answer it."

"Oh, no! You got it all wrong," Moon giggles, before opening the panel to take the white egg shaped dessert out carefully. "I get asked that question a lot."

"This dessert is dedicated to someone that I met a long time ago.. someone I felt very thankful for. I do wish to see him again, but I think he's forgotten me. He likes lemon, so I made this dessert lemon based.." She sighs, looking out the window of her shop dreamily after she placed the dessert onto the tray.

At that moment, Jimin wanted so much to say his name so Moon would finally realize that the person she's been finding is standing in front of her.

But he couldn't. It was stuck at the back of his throat; he didn't know how to break it to her.

Wouldn't it be weird if I just suddenly reveal myself? She'd think I'm a fucking creep!