[3]

"Have a nice day." Moon bowed politely, bidding one of her many customers goodbye. Peering into the display, she found that almost all her desserts had run out a little quicker than usual.

"Mirae, did you make a new batch of number 6 yet?" Upon the question, the said girl's eyes widened by a fraction, before bringing her hands to her mouth to stiffen her gasp and Moon knew that there was no extra batch of desserts for any of the ones on display now.

"I-I'm so sorry, it slipped my mind. D-do you need any help making them?" The black haired girl only smiled at her assistant kindly, before shaking her head as she stepped to the kitchen door.

"It's okay, people make mistakes. Just serve the customers. I'll start making new ones right now." With one last apologetic look, Mirae quickly returned to the cashier to help the other worker with the peak hour storm.

It was completely hectic that day, considering there were no back up desserts and since people kept rushing in, the display soon went empty, with Moon working hard to make the treats behind the scene.

It was only during the noon when she finally got a few batches out, restocking the ones that ran out first as she made herself some rose latte on her break.

"Moon, he's here again." Mirae whispered to the girl who was busy jotting down some ingredients she
Needed to get as soon as possible. However, Moon did stop for a moment to turn towards the entrance to see that familiar tuff of purplish grey hair walk in.

A smile instantly grew on her face as she walked to the display area, whatever she was doing Long abandoned.

"Hello, Jimin. Came in a little late today." The said man only chuckled sheepishly, rubbing his nape with a hand before noticing how the display was a little empty as compared to the other days, where it'd always be filled with delicious desserts.

"I couldn't escape Jin Hyung today," moon giggled upon hearing the name, making Jimin almost suffer from a cardiac arrest for the umpteenth time. "Anyways, the display is a little empty today."

"Ah, yeah. We didn't make any extra desserts so I'm making them now. Speaking of which, I really have to go back to it." She sighed, once again remembering where she'd left off and turned around.

In that short amount of time, Jimin instantly froze up, a little tinge of dread building within him. Seeing how busy Moon was today, especially after getting to hear that she was busy trying to keep bringing desserts to the display, the man couldn't help but question if he could still ask her this one very important question.

"What's wrong?"

"H-huh? Oh.. uh.." he stumbled on his words, struggling to make his thoughts known to the girl in front of him- I mean, who could do it so easily if someone as gorgeous as her was smiling at you so sweetly?

"Nothing, just.. today's your birthday, right?" Jimin asked, a smile still on his face as he moved away from the queue, allowing the other people to overtake him while he spoke to the owner.

He watched as the girl's face contort from confusion to realisation as she checked her phone, probably for the date and gasped.

"Wow, I forgot today's my birthday. I'm surprised you remember, though." She giggled breathlessly, once again allowing the man to suffer internally. Sometimes Jimin wished he wasn't so much of a coward and just owned up to her that he's the boy she'd been searching for, and that he loves her.

"Yeah, I was hoping to bring you out, but.. you're kinda busy so I Guess we can do it another time." Jimin chuckled, ignoring how disappointed he truly felt.