No. 2

MOON

"Hey, look at this!" He calls out to the girl, catching her attention as he quickly sits on the floor with his leg spread apart, and slowly stretches it into a clean split.

"Tada!" Jimin grins, and she smiles back.

The last week has been pretty fruitful on Jimin's part. Well, that meaning that he at least put a smile on the girl's face whenever he pulls something funny.

He never asked for her name, nor did he ask any questions. Jimin knew it wouldn't do any good, and that the girl would probably hate him even more. He knows how it feels to be probed constantly when in actual fact, has no intent on opening up at all.

So, Jimin wants to be sure to earn her trust first before he asks anymore questions. Let's just say it's a pretty tedious and long process..

"I've been practicing this for years, it's really hard to do. But I'm used to it now, so.. oh, shit. I can't get up now." He curses under his breath midway, feeling his muscles tense agonizingly around his thighs.

It's a bad idea to pull this trick without warming up. Lesson learnt..

Not able to do anything, he just sits there, trying to lax his muscles enough for him to move again.

Until the girl giggles(she giggled?!) and gets up from her bed, gently putting her stuff toy aside before she walks towards where Jimin is and stretches both hands out.

Jimin only looks at it in shock; does this mean she trusts him? Is she finally opening up to him?

Slowly, he grabs her hand and feels her surprisingly strong pull as he gets on his feet again, plopping instantly on his bed. The tension still clutching onto the muscle of his thighs badly, Jimin hisses at the discomfort.

"You have to massage it, it'll be much better if you do." Was What snatches his attention away from the pain. Despite the lack of usage of her voice, it still sounds as clear as day. The girl looks at him with much more confidence today, and Jimin takes note of this huge jump.

"You- you speak?" He mutters out without thought. He expects the girl to be highly offended and scurry back to her side of the room; instead, she only lets out another breathtaking giggle before she nods.

"Wow! I thought I'd never be able to hear your voice. It sounds beautiful by the way." Jimin winks cheekily, bringing his hands to his thigh to massage them slowly. The girl returns a cute pinkish tint on her cheeks, as she watches the boy in front of her continue to rub at his muscles.

"Although, I'd bet on my life that your name would sound much more beautiful than anything else in the world?"

The girl understands what Jimin hopes(or wants) to hear, and again, she feels herself hesitate. The insecurities bombarded her mind too much- the fear of being rejected, being taken for a weirdo. Those were two of many other things that scared her the most.

"Moon." And despite all that reluctance, her heart still spills out her aching desire to let him know her name.

When Moon sees the confused face of Jimin, she starts to regret her rash decision. Until a grin grows across the boy's face.

"See, I was right! It's really more beautiful than your voice." Jimin chuckles, until he sees the surprised look on Moon's face.

"Why? Is something wrong? Did I say something wrong?" He asks, panic starting to bubble up in his stomach. He doesn't want to make a wrong move. No, not when he's only just started earning her trust.

"No, it's just that.. you're the first person who said my name is pretty."

"Why? Your name doesn't seem so bad."

"It's not the name that counts, it's the story behind the name." Moon mutters, looking down at her fingers. Jimin chews on his bottom lip, not knowing how to respond to that.

So instead, he decides to make a risky move.

"So what's the story behind your name?" The girl looks at him hesitantly, not knowing if she should really tell her story.

A voice at the back of her head keeps yapping at her to just spill it! She knows Jimin isn't like the others, but then again, they were all nice in the beginning.

"I'll prove it to you that your name really is pretty."

"....my parents abandoned me when I was a baby. At least, that's what the orphanage told me. They said babies' eyes were supposed to be closed when they were born, that their skin is full of color. Mine wasn't; my eyes were wide open, my skin was as pale as snow. The orphanage opened the door on a winter's night, under the full moon. I was covered in two inches of snow and yet, I was still alive when they found me."

"You know, by now, people would've ran away from me." Moon laughs, making Jimin tilt his head like a lost puppy.

Maybe he doesn't get it yet. She thinks, seeing how lost the boy in front of her looked. She was sure that once she points out that she was supposed to be dead, Jimin would freak out and never talk to her again.

"Babies would've died in that terrible snow storm."

No reaction.

"I didn't." Moon states again, and it shocks her even more when Jimin just shrugs.

"So?"

"Don't you find it.. weird? Scary?" He shakes his head, and Moon couldn't believe her eyes.  Jimin really is different.

"Why would anyone think that's scary? It just shows how you were meant to live in this world, no matter what. God wills you to live. I think you should continue to push yourself on, because I'm sure that sooner or later, there'll be a rainbow that shines upon you." He smiles, and Moon only looks at his raised cheeks.

"Hey, why not I change my name too? You know, something that's.. I don't know, weird. How about that? That way, maybe you might feel more comfortable since you don't find your name normal." Jimin suggests, and takes Moon's silence as a yes.

"Why don't you come up of a name for me instead?"

She isn't sure how anyone could be this positive, especially for someone who's locked up in here. But seeing him so positive in life, makes her look at her days in a better light too. Maybe that's what makes her start to trust him even more.

"Chim."

I'm back with another chapter!! I'm terribly sorry for the two-three week hiatus. I had my first important exam, so I Had to drop everything and focus on it.

Straight after that, the whole thing screwed my health up and I got terribly sick, so things got delayed again.

This chapter isn't properly checked for errors, so I might edit later on.

More unannounced hiatus will be coming, because I have more exams to come, so things are going to slow down a little bit. Hope y'all are enjoying the story!! Thanks for reading!!

P.S: FAKE LOVE IS SO GOOD HOLY SHIT I'M WRECKED FOR LIFE SOMEONE SAVE THIS POOR SOUL—