They laughed and stared.

They pointed,
They laughed,
They ridiculed.
An open book but yet a riddle too.
My soul hooked in two.
The talked, they whispered, they gossiped.
Tears flowed freely down my face.
They pointed, They laughed, they ridiculed.
Like I was some high school musical.
Their taunts, their bickering
I took this all to heart
They don't seem to leave
They feed on my shame
It increases their fame
One day you'll all face my fate
That day you'll be the bait. HL

School resumed after a month, Maryann employed the boys to drag me to school.

I dragged, I cried and begged. She was fed up, I was more than little old me.

I kept my head down all day, I decided to be the same Cat they knew. They shunned me, acted like I was a monster. The children all stared all day.

At lunch I sat alone, the voices told a mean joke. I laughed and replied. We talked all through, My eyes shut, I smiled and laughed.

The bell rang, I stood to leave. I opened my eyes and all the kids began to laugh, the cameras flickered, the videos stopped. They called my names, they all said I was insane, the voices screamed it too.

All hell broke loose, the girls pushed me away, they called me a demon. They pushed me to hell. I ran away, the voices told me never to come back. I went to the stall. There I cried all day.

The tears never seemed to stop, the voices didn't help either. They told me they were fake. They laughed all day. They defined insane. I believed I was insane.

I had to get away, the walls closed in, it was time to cast revenge.

My eyes became heavy, my breathing slow. The voices told me to go. I submerged to the darkness which drew me within.

The voices sang me awake, the darkness surrounded me, I looked around me.
I was left alone. I walked out of the stall, I saw my picture on the wall. My exposed self, shattered and naked, bloody and messy. The children laughed the more, others threw me sympathetic looks. The voices told me this was worse than hell. They told me to go away.

I broke down right there, I had no will to move on. The principal came and took me away, he called me to his office.

He scolded me and sent me away, I had no idea what my offence was. They failed to see the victim here.

I walked home with my head down that day and cried myself to sleep that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The peom above does not belong to me. It belongs to my friend who passed away.
They laughed and stared at her.

Let's gain publicity.
Let's save a soul.
Vote, comment and share.