A Court of Frost and Starlight

Omg...I have so many feels about this book I'm honestly not sure where to start...

Let me say this, before even cracking the page I knew this would be one of my top books in the series. And it has nothing to do with the story. My girls knew I was being really careful with money, so I wasn't going to preorder the book, saving it for a time when there was a little extra $$. They pooled what they had and gave it to me for Valentine's Day so I could order this book. Gah!! I bawled like a baby, like Feyre did when she saw Rhys for the first time after undermining the Spring Court in ACOWAR.

Which is the perfect lead in, because ACOWAR was the adrenaline, the big fight. It was like a mother gathering the strength to lift a car off of her baby. ACOFAS is the aftermath, the shock. All of our characters seem to be suffering from post traumatic stress. And Nesta has it the worst. She literally has no coping skills and refuses to rely on anyone no matter how much they want to help.

Even though she is a thorn in my side, I can't wait to read her story because Cassian will be prominently displayed, and yes

Even though she is a thorn in my side, I can't wait to read her story because Cassian will be prominently displayed, and yes. I need more of that man. But don't we all?

I have a theory about that story, and BTW are you excited about SJM writing the next books in third person? I actually love it! It's like we've been given a drop of Rhysand's Daemati abilities, haha! Nesta will go with Cass to the Illyrian camp, and hate everyone, duh. But little by little she'll see that he's caring about the women in the camp, and she'll soften. The hints about the Blood Right give me ideas about Nesta unleashing her power and making it to the summit. I hope I can love her by the end...but I'm not holding my breath.

And then there's Morrigan...I am so irritated with her, and that's putting it mildly. I hate what she's done to Az, even though I understand why. But does she think the inner circle wouldn't support her 100%? OF COURSE THEY WOULD!! And they'd shred anyone who gave her sh*t about it. Her story will no doubt be one of redemption. Hers. She is broken by the treatment she received growing up. In ACOWAR, Eris said there were things she didn't know about that day...THE day. In ACOFAS he seemed much colder, that sense of hidden truth was absent. I'm so curious to find out what did happen, and I have do doubt that his story will begin to unravel.

 I'm so curious to find out what did happen, and I have do doubt that his story will begin to unravel

Don't forget about Lucian. I love the idea that he has found his own band of misfits in Vassa and Jurian. Their adventures together are bound to be filled with humor and awkward moments.

And what the heck is going on with Tamlin? Don't get me wrong, I have zero sympathy for him. It's not easy to live with yourself after selling out every court in the land. But man up! If he truly was trying to stop Hybern from within, then at least he should have a little less self loathing. My gosh! He's a freaking train wreck! Worse than before, anyway. I almost don't even want to know anymore about him and his storyline. Blech!

And then there is the perfect, untouchable Feysand...

Rhys and Feyre had more to work through. And of course they did, because they are perfect and I love them. As do you all. So, all I have to say is, she finally got her wall. And what a wall it was! That's all I will comment on that.

Except to say that I can hardly wait for them to introduce their little boy with violet eyes

Now to wait for Cassian's book to come out!!

Yeah I refuse to refer to it as Nesta's book. Sorry not sorry.

But it will still be amazing and we will all need to talk about it and let out all of the feels. So we'll meet back here as soon as we're done reading all about everyone's favorite sensitive Illyrian baby. In this case, Cass. Yes, Az is amazing too...