Kingdom Of Ash

Pics from my Evening With Sarah J. Maas ⬆️

I have a confession- I didn't start reading this book until seven days after it was in my hands. I know, you're probably thinking WHAT?!? But I have another confession to explain the first confession- I had never read the Assassin's Blade novellas and while standing in line for the Evening with Sarah event, I was really bored and the two girls standing behind me were giving a literal play by play of every single ToG book, starting with those novellas. So I finally got curious enough to read about Celaena Sardothien at her grittiest, most brutal point. I was also nervous to read about Sam's storyline for a number of reasons. But while standing in line, and then while sitting in the audience waiting for another hour or so, I started them.

And yeah I couldn't just put that down until I'd read them all. So that's why it took a week.

But once I did...wow. Just what an ending, what a build up! Seven books and this one did not disappoint! There was so much going on, as in all of these book, but I'll keep it to the main events otherwise this could become as long as the actual book.

Following the four timelines had me in knots! First, Aelin and Fenrys

Following the four timelines had me in knots! First, Aelin and Fenrys...just omg the way they communicated and how horribly brutal Maeve allowed everything to get. I can't believe how strong she stayed through months of that! I cried when Connall had to kill himself, and the devastation Fenrys felt!

Then moving over to Rowan and watching as he was barely able to hold himself together. Elide was the strength of that group in my opinion; traveling with three warriors but still outwitting them when she infiltrated Maeve's army by pretending to be Cairn's jilted lover. And how she continued to give Lorcan a giant finger the entire two months! I mean, he brought it on himself but at least he was doing everything he possibly could to make up for it!

Then watching as Aedion and Lysandra attempted to keep up the rouse of Aelin fighting with them, my heart could hardly take Aedion's agony. And Lysandra had the heart of a warrior, willing to give herself up for the cause. What a difference from their interactions with Arobynn at the Keep!

Manon and Dorian, just omg those two! Searching for the Crochans together with their separate goals put that relationship to the test. Not that it was an actual relationship until the last night they shared together. That made me cry too, how Manon put her heart out there and Dorian was so tempted to grab it. But in the end, his mission won out.

 But in the end, his mission won out