Ch. 18

Alright, we're clearly getting farther into the story- but don't worry there is still more to go through!

Q and A of the day:

Question: Do you listen to music when you write?

Me: Yes, I usually listen to Nightcore when I write fanfictions. I have playlists for my other writing projects.

Thank you Gryffindor_Ginny

and _NovaGalaxy_

*****

''I know you Blossom! I might not be close to you like your sisters, but we are counterparts,'' Brick snapped.''I know you still care about the city, but you also care about your sisters- so let us help.''

Pink eyes stared into his. ''Let you help how?"

He stepped closer to her,''If we'd wanted the PPG dead, we would've done it a long time ago. Do you think you can trust me?"

Eyes hardened, bangs fell into her eyes,''Trust you? Or trust in general?"

''Okay, scratch that. But I know what you look like when you're scared, so help us find your sisters and we can debate you all being heroes again later.''

She shook her head,''It was a stroke of luck we were able to contact each other before, we purposefully made it like that. We thought it was safest.''

Brick's eyes widened in realization,''None of you have any idea where the other is?''

She nodded her head.

He ran his hands through his hair in frustration,''Would you guys know if something happened to one of you?"

The red haired girl turned towards her destroyed home in silence.

''Blossom? Would you know if one of your sisters were dead?" Brick asked again, fearing the answer.

''No. I didn't even know for sure if either of them were still alive for the past five years until I managed to find Buttercup,'' her voice was quieter than a whisper, like she was afraid to speak louder.

*****

Brick sighed, staring up at the ceiling of his master bedroom. He had been looking for her for a week, and then he'd just happened to find her standing in the ashes of the Utonium house.

His bedroom door slammed open to reveal both his brothers. Both with curious and demanding gazes, they no doubt wanted to know what he'd found out and why he had been gone the entire night.

The red haired villain groaned as he sat up, and practically growled,''What do you idiots want to know? I would like to go back to sleep soon, so make it quick.''

''Did you come across one of the Puffs?" Butch asked, getting straight to the point.

''Blossom- and she didn't deny anything, in case you're wondering,'' Brick answered. ''I don't think the other two will be nearly as easy to talk too though.''

It was silent for a moment.

''Did she give you any answers?'' Boomer asked, crossing his arms.

''She's going to help us- but she said it'll be near impossible to find Bubbles or Buttercup at this point,'' Brick said.

''So she lied?" Butch raised an eyebrow.

''No,'' Brick said immediately, explaining how each Puff had gone their own ways and didn't contact the other.

Boomer sat down in a chair hard,''But they used to be so close...''

Butch shook his head,''They seriously wouldn't know if something happened to one of them?"

''Yeah,'' Brick stared at his window.''They really did make sure they grew up.''

''But she said she'd help us find them, right?'' Boomer asked, looking at his brothers,''That's better than nothing.''

''Look who's being positive again,'' Butch remarked,''But we do have a better chance finding them with red head than by ourselves- plus that'll mean just two of us will be moping around.''

Brick rolled his eyes, standing up to walk to his window,''Something happened though, that's not hard to tell. I talked her into staying here at the mansion- last night she slept in the living room.''

''Is that why the couch was uncomfortable?" Boomer asked, eyes wide.

Brick and Butch swung their heads to stare at him.

''You sat on her?!" Brick looked ready to explode.

''I didn't realize it was your girlfriend, bro! I thought it was couch cushions covered with a blanket!'' Boomer dodged a red laser aimed for his head.

 A knock at the door got their attention, making Brick forget about his blonde brother he wanted to murder.

''Bloss- Rose,'' Brick corrected himself.

She glanced at Boomer cowering on the other side of the room before facing him,''Can I sleep somewhere besides the couch?"

''Sure, whichever room you want,'' Brick answered, sending a death glare towards his brother.

She paused,''You can call me Blossom- just not in public.''

''How many fake names have you had?" Butch asked her.

''Only two, my sisters were the ones who felt the need to change every few months. I've had Rose for a few years now though,'' she answered.

''What was your first one?" Brick frowned.

''Ginger Rossington,'' she replied, with a light blush on her cheeks. Brick burst out laughing.

''Why were you gone so long? I mean recently, you didn't show your face for over a week.'' Boomer piped up as he came to stand by Butch- far enough away from Brick.

Blossom's face darkened,''I got a warning. And I'm pretty sure Buttercup and Bubbles each got one too.''